An Epic 11th Birthday

Earlier this year Leo turned 11.  It seems crazy to type that, not because it's unexpected, of course they grow older and we all know how fast it seems to happen, but because I'm still here blogging about it.  When I wrote about his first birthday as much as I couldn't envisage his 11th,  I really didn't think I'd also have a blog that was 11 years old!


 

This year was indeed epic, not because of the party itself,  or the presents but because of the people. The same people that have been to every one of Leo's birthday parties and the people we have always appreciated but never more than this year. 

As we approached the day it was unknown whether a party would be possible due to COVID restrictions on the number of people allowed to gather and the lock down measures that had been in place. 

I was starting to think how we could celebrate online and have some sort of zoom party but luckily the first relaxations came into place a few days before and we were able to have the usual crowd at home. 

In previous years I have spent weeks planning Leo's parties,  but this was a fairly last minute plan. I hadn't been able to get excited about something that was possibly not going to happen, and it's getting harder as he gets older. Plus we've used some of the best themes already with Doctor Who, Harry Potter, Pokemon and Marvel already!

One of Leo's favourite things about his parties are the food labels,  so with some assistance as usual from pinterest I came up with some video game themed treats.







The kids are getting too old for pass the parcel and the like and they are happy enough doing there own thing these days, so with a video game theme they were happy to set up tournaments on the Xbox and Wii between themselves.  

A win win situation for all as the adults got to catch up on weeks apart while the children all had fun.  





Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The last one

My best Slimming World recipe EVER! - Cheesy Meatball Pasta Bake

The one with the announcement!