Anniversary Wishes

On our wedding day Aaron gave an awesome speech, one we can both remember pretty much word for word even now.  It was written in rhyme and definitely one of the highlights of the day.   Since then he has written several other rhymes over the years, usually writing them on facebook for me to wake up to, including this one on our 10th anniversary and this one on our 14th. 


On our 13th anniversary Aaron wrote this..


It's that time of year again when I break into into a poem in honour of my wedding speech so here goes....

So it's now 13 years that you've been my wife and that is exactly one third of your life.

But I'm going to be a little bit naughty and remind you again that your nearly 40.

We were married in England which was colder and wetter, then we packed up to Cyprus where things got better and better.

2 great kids, our house and our job and a life in the sun away from the mob
What more could you ask for i know your thinking, as we sit on the balcony and carry on drinking

The answer is nothing because you still have me, 13 years after I got down on one knee.
At the Churchill theatre in the bar, who would have known we would make it this far.

So as long as I've got you my best friend and mucker and you still have me this silly old.... (sod) we can face any challenge this world can provide because that's what happens when two souls collide.

So I've said this before and had you roaring with laughter so I'll use it again on the lines that come after.
Please remember you silly old tart I still love you with all of my heart.

Happy anniversary to my lovely wife.



I even wrote one back that year....


I love your poems, they must be quite hard, but at least they save you from buying a card.

I saw your post and thought I'll do this, I'll show him,
but its actually quite hard to write a poem.


So I'll borrow some words that I've heard before,
It'll impress the rest but you might find it a bore.


13 years ago I was smiling for hours,
whilst clutching onto my wooden flowers.


You made the best wedding speech, in perfect rhyme,
it's more awesome now than it was at the time.


We had a wonderful day, and the best party ever,
and spent many happy years together.

I loved you then and I always will, that's why we got married, it's kinda the deal.
So there's just one thing for me to say, I love you more than yesterday,
it tends to happen as the time does pass, and yesterday you were an a**e.


(It went very well but you were a bit naughty, pointing out once again that I'm nearly 40!
But I'll forgive you just this time, I'll let you have it for the sake of the rhyme.)




Today is our 16th wedding anniversary and I woke up to another lovely rhyme...



Happy anniversary to my beautiful wife.

Although 2020 will be a year to forget, it's one I will look at with little regret, as it marks a new milestone in our married life, and that's 16 years of you being my wife.

Wow 16 years married sounds like forever, until you add all our time together, that total is now 25 years I think, a number that could drive some people to drink.

But booze aside I want you to know that your stuck with me wherever you go.
There is not much more that I can say other than I love you more today than yesterday.
(But only because yesterday you really p*##ed 
me off) 




Yesterday I thought about buying a card but I had a look at the rubbish selection with their cheesy words and thought he'd prefer a bar of chocolate than (not that I got that either but it would have melted on the way home!)   So I'd copied his idea again...


Happy anniversary!

I could write you a poem but you do it better, although I'm sure you do that when you think 'what can I get her?'

It's cheaper than a present but really quite hard, I wish I'd just brought a 2 euro card.

But I love your rhymes and the things that they say, they mean more than anything you could pay.

Thank you for 16 fab years, I'm pleased I've not yet bored you to tears.

It was the best decision I've made in my life, on this day long ago when I became your wife.









Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The last one

The one with the announcement!

My best Slimming World recipe EVER! - Cheesy Meatball Pasta Bake