A surprise Hen weekend - #BatcherlorEverAfter
Time for a flashback post. It was a weekend that wasn't all that long ago yet seems like a lifetime in many ways, a weekend that had been planned for many months before hand that was supposed the be the start of a series of events. Unfortunately that weekend was back at the start of March and no-one expected how the year was going to play out after that.
Last November you may have read my post on the fact that two of our best friends were getting married and I was to be a bridesmaid. The wedding was due to be on 23rd May this year and I had arranged several Hen celebrations leading up to it. Of course the wedding had to be postponed due to the pandemic, which I am gutted about and it's not even my wedding so I can't even imagine how they feel.
We had our weekend away just before the world as we knew it changed, something that I am very grateful for at least. Once we were in lock down I actually couldn't look at the photos at first though as it felt so surreal how far away it felt and I was sad about all that should have been. When I'd stopped being so dramatic I realised that we were lucky to have timed it so well and that it was a weekend that should be remembered and loved regardless.
On the Thursday before our night away, the four of us met for breakfast and we gave Sam a sneaky peak of the weekend plans. As she had no idea that we were to have a night away we thought it best to give her some notice!
We presented Sam with a bottle of fizz and some cryptic info on what was to come...
We picked up Sam for our night at the Cyprus Glamping Park but still didn't tell her where we were going, in fact we even threw her off the scent by stopping in the village of Kiti for lunch on the way.
Sam had been Glamping here several times before so once we were on the road leading directly to it of course she guessed but I was glad we'd got that far without her realising. Luckily she was very pleased to discover our destination.
It didn't take us long to get settled in and open the first bottle!
We had a lovely afternoon / evening on the veranda of our cottage, many drinks, music playing, few games and lots and lots of laughter.
The following morning we were all surprisingly well - but I had prepared some morning after treats just in case.
We may have been tired but it was nothing that a cuppa and a fry up couldn't fix, and a hike up a mountain.
We took a leisurely stroll along the neighbouring Vritzi nature trail and admired the stunning views from the top.
Around lunchtime we started to head home, stopping at the sea for an impromptu picnic of left over food and to squeeze an extra hour or so into our girls weekend away.
We may not have made the rest of the hen events, so far but at least we got that in before lock down and had a great time together. Of course we will have to do it all over again too!








Comments
Post a Comment