Talking On Eggshells

 At the end of 2020 I decided on a whim to start a new blog.  Five posts in I realised I just needed to give this one a new lease of life instead of giving myself another blog to run so I stopped it before it had a chance to get going. 

So here is the first of the five posts from what was going to be 'Talking on Eggshells'  

Many years ago I started writing a blog, it began much like this one with no prior planning and no plan as to where it was going.  I knew nothing about blogs, websites or social media other than how to put a few random pics on facebook.   While I've never gone viral or become a famous blogger, all these years later my blog is still known - by friends, family, neighbours and 'blog friends' worldwide and because of this I find myself always overthinking what I write these days. 

I never tried to be anonymous with my blog, and to be honest I'm not even sure I'll be able to pull it off with this one but I would love to be able to write without judgment,  to be able to ramble on about whatever is on my mind without worrying what family will think, if they will worry about me or try to 'fix' it.  I've always shared my posts on facebook via a page and my personal profile and for me it's time to cut that down a bit and attempt to stay a bit more under the radar. 

I am very used to over sharing,  of course - you don't manage to write over 1000 blog posts about your life without that trait.  Back in the day I had a circle of friends, several best friends with whom I shared everything - literally every detail of my life, and they with me and I really miss that.

I've never been particularly opinionated, always joking that I'm quite comfortable on my fence thank you very much and I've always taken care not to do politics or such like online,  mainly because I can never quite make up my mind 100% on a subject so feel I lack the ability to back it up in an argument if necessary.  

Generally I'm a positive person these days,  I've had bad patches over the years for various reasons but for the last few I have made an effort to look for the good every day and by and large it's become an ingrained habit.  I plough on relentlessly with the good things and being organised so I don't slip into the negative again.    

It's not always easy though and without the ability to talk it all through it's much harder so here we are,  a new little space for me to chat away without any agenda, or thoughts that it's all being saved for family posterity or that I will get a call from someone being worried (or upset if I'm having a little moan about something they think is about them!) 

I'm ready to stop worrying so much about breaking the eggshells! 

open honest freedom


That was the first post, and I wanted to bring it over here rather than lose it in cyberspace.  I still love the name though - maybe I'll create a section with the name here instead for the posts I was planning to write! 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The last one

My best Slimming World recipe EVER! - Cheesy Meatball Pasta Bake

The one with the announcement!