Happy Reasons to be Cheerful #R2BC

It's R2BC time!

If you're new here that's Reasons to be Cheerful!  

It's been a good week so I thought it was time to join in again.  Not that I haven't been cheerful, but my slight plan of lockdown blogging went the way of many other good intentions. 

So here's a few of the things making me cheerful this week...

Although the lockdown measures have been gradually lifted since 4th May, we have been waiting patiently for the go ahead to use our pool. It has been crazy trying to work out if we were allowed to use it or not as there was so much conflicting information out there. As well as for our own benefit I needed to know to share the information on the FPN so I had to make sure it was 100% correct, which is not easy when people were ringing the Ministry of Health and receiving opposing answers!

Many people just used their pools, and while I was not worried about catching the virus from doing so, especially as it's only us and maybe one other neighbour at this stage swimming, it wasn't worth the risk of a €300 fine in the unlikely event of us getting caught. 

So, as of the 5th June, communal swimming pools in Cyprus were allowed to reopen, with a maximum of 10 people using them at one time, which is fine as the only time we've ever had that many people in or around our pool is when we invite them for Loukas birthday. 

Yesterday we swam, I was actually the second one in after Leo and I even jumped straight in without as much as a quick test of the water!


This was supposed to be a video of Leo jumping in!  #Fail

It was a little chilly, but within seconds it was lovely and I was so glad that I'd gone for the quick entry option. 

I hadn't realised how much I had started to take the pool for granted over the years but yesterday I remembered how amazing I would have thought it 12 years or so ago.  



Last Saturday was Leo's birthday party and it was great that we could have his party as usual and have our friends.  I'm sure I'll get round to writing a post about it but it was definitely a reason for us all to be cheerful this week.



Finally,
 After a good start with exercise and eating many weeks ago,  the plans went the same way as the blog intentions and I've been increasing consuming lockdown baking, sandwiches for lunch and more vodka than is probably sensible, so this week I've made a conscious effort to reign it in and get back on track. 

Joining an online Slimming World group has given me a nudge in the right direction and I have been enjoying some awesome SW meals including  SW KFC with bbq beans, chips and salad, and Pulled Pork with Cheesy Potato Gratin. 

And a trip to our local farmers market to stock up on good healthy stuff this morning!




Linking up to #R2BC at Mummy From the Heart and Lakes Single Mum

R2BC at Mummy from the Heart


Comments

  1. I love your fresh produce haul. I'm also getting back to eating less now that I'm supposed to be returning to work on Wednesday or Thursday. I'm secretly hoping that they'll close the schools again as we seem to be experiencing the dreaded second wave. Or maybe it's just the first wave resurrected. (Resurrection is a thing in Jerusalem, Lol.) And how lovely to have your pool back just in time for the hot weather. Have a good week. xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a haul of produce! Must have been heaven to be in the pool. I am glad he got a proper birthday party. Thanks for joining in.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

The last one

My best Slimming World recipe EVER! - Cheesy Meatball Pasta Bake

The one with the announcement!