A strange time


I'm sharing a photo for no apparent reason other than it was taken exactly one week ago when everything was normal on our little island.

Some people were worrying about the spread of coronavirus.    I wasn't really one of them. 

Don't judge me,  I'm so over debating it,  if you were worried then, or you are now, that's fine, just do it quietly.

Over the last few days I did start to worry a little,  not about contracting the virus but at the panic that was starting to set in here in Cyprus and across Europe and the imapct it would have on the economy and tourism etc.   I know 'health is more important than money'     - if I had a euro for everytime I read that this week I wouldn't need to worry about money!

Anyway,  it's out of my hands of course,   what will be will be,   maybe Cyprus is right, maybe the UK is right,  no-one really knows.

Cyprus along with many other European countries is effectively on lockdown until 30th April, pretty much only supermarkets, pharmacies and petrol stations to be open.

I spent hours yesterday writing an article for the FPN about places to go outside, if you'd like to read it you can find it here...   I kind of expected someone to comment that we should be staying inside, I'm glad no-one has so far!      I would like to think that if you don't want to go out for whatever reason that people wouldn't judge,  and likewise that we won't be judged if we want to go and stand on a deserted beach while the kids run around.   The guidelines are to self isolate if you are sick or at risk, luckily we are neither.


It's a very strange world out there, I'm just stunned at what it's all come too,  and sure it's been made a million times worse by social media and mass panic.      Maybe I'm totally wrong and we should all self isolate, stay at home, not see anyone and wait till it all blows over who knows.   It just all seems a little strange to me,  why has nothing else ever had anywhere near this kind of reaction?


Whatever happens..... this too shall pass.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The last one

My best Slimming World recipe EVER! - Cheesy Meatball Pasta Bake

13 years in Cyprus and time for a trip