Back to blogging on the balcony
I started this blog in 2009 for no reason other than it seemed a good idea at the time, I didn't really expect anyone to read it, I knew nothing about twitter, pinterest, SEO and I had no plan. Gradually I 'met' other bloggers and joined some linkups and forums, people were reading and I got into the habit of writing regularly, although I've done a few reviews and sponsored posts over the years as and when the opportunities arose, I have only ever blogged for me, for something to look back on one day and as a hobby to pass the time - when you live with only Arabic TV for 4 years you need something!
It's been a long time now since the best days of this blog, once Loukas was born, and I started the Famagusta Parents Network things slowed down, and of course in 2014 we started our business, I have often thought about stopping the blog, it seemed a bit silly to be posting once a month or less and then what should I be writing about if its that infrequent?
I started watching more TV with the arrival of Netflix, and then our amazing android box (seriously Arabic TV is really BAD!) and I got a new full size laptop - suddenly it was not as easy to move around the apartment and balcony with my little netbook and write as and when I fancied.
But I just can't bring myself to stop this blog - so many opportunities have come about from it in different ways and I would just miss it too much.
Today I met a real lifestalker blog fan at business meeting and I was really touched to find out she has been reading my blog for years! So tonight I have dug out my old faithful - the little netbook that it was all created on, and I am now sat back where it all began, on the balcony with a beer rambling away and trying to get back to basics.
This is my blog, not my business one, I will stop trying to analyse what I am writing, and how I am saying it and try and return to 'my voice' ...... the random ramblings of an expat Brit in Cyprus.
I hope you stick around and join me!
It's been a long time now since the best days of this blog, once Loukas was born, and I started the Famagusta Parents Network things slowed down, and of course in 2014 we started our business, I have often thought about stopping the blog, it seemed a bit silly to be posting once a month or less and then what should I be writing about if its that infrequent?
I started watching more TV with the arrival of Netflix, and then our amazing android box (seriously Arabic TV is really BAD!) and I got a new full size laptop - suddenly it was not as easy to move around the apartment and balcony with my little netbook and write as and when I fancied.
But I just can't bring myself to stop this blog - so many opportunities have come about from it in different ways and I would just miss it too much.
Today I met a real life
This is my blog, not my business one, I will stop trying to analyse what I am writing, and how I am saying it and try and return to 'my voice' ...... the random ramblings of an expat Brit in Cyprus.
I hope you stick around and join me!
Comments
Post a Comment