Christmas Decorating time (Giveaway)
I have declared that this weekend will be 'Decorating Day' in our household, this is purely my decision as Aaron was over ruled for the last time last Christmas when he tried one last time to get me to put them up on Christmas Eve. Instead this year we have been having a debate about swapping Christmas trees with my parents, we have a Christmas tree brought years ago before we left England from Notcutts Garden Centre which has been nicknamed 'the biggest Christmas tree in the world', it's a great tree but unfortunately we don't have the biggest apartment in the world to match!
a Rafflecopter giveaway
For the last few years we've just put half of it up (so it sat flat against the wall) but now we've gained an extra child and a whole load of associated stuff, our small apartment seems to have shrunk even more! The solution seems to be to temporary swap as I love our tree and can't bear to sell it!
One thing which will stay the same from previous years here in Cyprus is our outside lights strung around the balcony. I do love to see pretty Christmas lights as you drive around, not that there are as many as you'd see in England.
Notcutts have a great selection of lights (and other decorations) and I have one set of White LED Cone lights to give away to one of my readers in the UK.
It's a fantastic 8 metre set with 100 lights and multi functions.
Just fill in the Rafflecopter form below for a chance to win.
Notcutts are also running a competition over on their website to win a Christmas Tree and all the trimmings.
I'm a bit addicted to lights, I must admit. We tend to put our decorations up gradually from the beginning of December, starting with a wreath and a few fairy lights. I don't like to do the tree too early though. I come from a tradition where we didn't put it up until Christmas eve, but I'm too impatient for that these days, so maybe a week before.
ReplyDeleteWe put our decorations up the first weekend in December. My husband seems to have left a bag in the loft and wont get them!
ReplyDeleteFirst weekend in Dec
ReplyDeleteWe start the weekend after Thanksgiving but it really isn't complete until just about two weeks before Christmas. I do not want to get the real tree too early because then it might dry out. But we put up the lights and the nut cracker and the nativity scenes and stockings but wait just a bit on the tree.
ReplyDeletei want to put it last weekend but no time!
ReplyDeleteStart of December x
ReplyDeleteWe put them up during the first week of December.
ReplyDeleteI decorated this weekend. Got my tree up and made my little apartment feel festive. There are hardly any decorations in Nicosia and you could almost forget christmas is nearly here. I cant wait to go to London for christmas and soak up oxford st christmassy vibes! :)
ReplyDeleteIt is different every year but tends to be the first week of December! Bit later this year, thinking the 10th when I am off work :)
ReplyDeleteStart of December
ReplyDeleteAs soon as possible into December - however, this year time seems to be running by VERY quickly. I'lll be lucky to get them up by February!
ReplyDeleteusually around the 5th but late this year xx
ReplyDeleteThe first weekend in December
ReplyDeleteUsually around the 2nd weekend in December.
ReplyDeleteMid December, not too early as the boys seem to find creative ways to mess about with it all! x
ReplyDeleteWe always put our decorations up on December 1st as thats when the kids start the countdown to xmas day with their advent calendars :)
ReplyDeleteUsually Dec 1st bu we're having a specialist tree delivered on the 9th so have to wait this year... :-(
ReplyDelete1st December :)
ReplyDeleteWe put ours up at the end of November! some years I'm tempted to leave them all year round!
ReplyDelete12 days before!!
ReplyDeleteToday :)
ReplyDeleteThey went up on the 1st of December :)
ReplyDeletenot yet
ReplyDeleteMid December
ReplyDeleteAbout the middle of December
ReplyDeletetree went up on 1st Dec, but will put up some more decorations this weekend.
ReplyDeleteDID IT ALREADY ON THE 1ST. COULDN'T WAIT ANY LONGER
ReplyDeleteChristmas Eve-my husband is Dutch and that's their tradition,
ReplyDeletethe first weekend in December
ReplyDeleteUsually second weekend in Christmas
ReplyDeleteXmas Eve - always a last-minute dash!
ReplyDeleteWe put ours up early this year on the last weekend in November because my husband had to go up into the loft anyway so he brought all the decorations down while he was there.
ReplyDeleteAbout a week before Christmas
ReplyDeleteUsually a few days before Christmas
ReplyDelete1st December
ReplyDeleteDecember 1st every year!
ReplyDeleteA few have started to go up but as I'm making most of them this year it's when they're finished!
ReplyDeleteOurs are up already, have been for a couple of weeks.
ReplyDeleteIf I had my way, they would go up on Christmas Eve, and come down on Boxing Day, but I do allow my daughter to put them up on about the 15th...aren't I good!
ReplyDeleteMy decorations have been up all year. I like them and so I don't see why not!
ReplyDeletewe usually put them up a couple of weeks into december but this year, they went up on the 1st!
ReplyDeleteTwelve days before Christmas
ReplyDeleteWeek before
ReplyDeleteMine go up every year on December 1st
ReplyDeleteabout a week before
ReplyDeleteon the 9th on my birthday
ReplyDelete1st weekend of December.
ReplyDelete1st December
ReplyDelete2nd week in December so next week :)
ReplyDeleteUsually the 13th or 14th December
ReplyDeleteThe 1st of December
ReplyDeleteThe first weekend after the 1st December
ReplyDelete2 weeks before Christmas :)
ReplyDeleteThe first weekend in December
ReplyDeleteWeek before christmas
ReplyDeleteI start putting up my decorations around now!
ReplyDeleteAbout the second weekend of December
ReplyDeletetomorrow
ReplyDeleteafter 7th of December - a special date for us
ReplyDeleteTomorrow! We got our tree today.
ReplyDeleteWe always have ours up before 1st December.
ReplyDeleteUsually the first weekend in December
ReplyDeletefirst weekend in december
ReplyDeleteFirst weekend in December
ReplyDeleteFirst weekend in December
ReplyDeleteabout the 10th of december!
ReplyDeletebeginning of december
ReplyDelete1st December or the weekend nearest the 1st.
ReplyDelete3RD DECEMBER
ReplyDeleteDe ember
ReplyDelete1st December :)
ReplyDelete1st December :)
ReplyDeleteI put them up on 1st December :-)
ReplyDeleteUsually I would have done it by now, but we are hoping to put it up this weekend! :) x
ReplyDelete