It was certain to be a.....picnic'
I wasn't planning on joining in with the Gallery this week, figuring I'd be a little busy, but last Friday just as I was preparing to go into hospital for my induction I spotted the theme for this week...... Movies.
Well, when you get engaged at a production of the brilliant production of 'The Rocky Horror Picture Show' and then several years later actually get to picnic at the site the film was shot it just has to be done.
Aaron and I have been Rocky fans for a long time and when I realised that the fan club held an annual picnic at Oakley Court Hotel in Windsor on August bank holiday which just happens to fall on the weekend after our wedding anniversary we couldn't resist getting ourselves some tickets.
It was a brilliant, if not slightly surreal weekend. Full of fans of all ages enjoying the sunshine, food and of course the fact that we were at Oakley Court!
There was an extra surprise when the Richard O'Brien dropped in to say hi!
He was ever so friendly, happy to chat and sign autographs for anyone who wanted one.
The RHPS fan club 'Timewarp' has been organizing an annual picnic at the hotel now since 2006. It is the one weekend of the year where everyone is welcome to wander round the hotel in full RHPS costume, it's always on the Sunday before the August bank holiday. The idea is to meet with other fans, explore the stunning hotel and relax. Most years they have also shown the film in the evening, which is great fun with all the fans singing along word for word and of course the obligatory audience partici...pation!
I'd loved to have gone to more picnics but it's a bit too far to travel now!
Can you spot us?
(we are just to the left of centre!)
Well, when you get engaged at a production of the brilliant production of 'The Rocky Horror Picture Show' and then several years later actually get to picnic at the site the film was shot it just has to be done.
Aaron and I have been Rocky fans for a long time and when I realised that the fan club held an annual picnic at Oakley Court Hotel in Windsor on August bank holiday which just happens to fall on the weekend after our wedding anniversary we couldn't resist getting ourselves some tickets.
![]() |
| "Over at the Frankenstein Place" |
It was a brilliant, if not slightly surreal weekend. Full of fans of all ages enjoying the sunshine, food and of course the fact that we were at Oakley Court!
There was an extra surprise when the Richard O'Brien dropped in to say hi!
He was ever so friendly, happy to chat and sign autographs for anyone who wanted one.
The RHPS fan club 'Timewarp' has been organizing an annual picnic at the hotel now since 2006. It is the one weekend of the year where everyone is welcome to wander round the hotel in full RHPS costume, it's always on the Sunday before the August bank holiday. The idea is to meet with other fans, explore the stunning hotel and relax. Most years they have also shown the film in the evening, which is great fun with all the fans singing along word for word and of course the obligatory audience partici...pation!
I'd loved to have gone to more picnics but it's a bit too far to travel now!
![]() |
| Every Magenta has to get this photo! |
Can you spot us?
![]() |
| Photo credit: TWW Dave |
![]() |
| The card my friend made us on our engagement, film stills mixed with pictures of us! |








Wow! I love the photos of you in your Rocky Horror Show fancy dress! Hiow cool and very apt for the theme xx
ReplyDeleteFab pictures - always enjoy (and sing along to) the film.
ReplyDeleteYou look fantastic in your outfits. I remember when the Mr introduced me to the movie I was a little like wtf but Id love to see the show, anything to wear a costume in public ;) x
ReplyDeleteTotally fabulous story and photographs! So cool!
ReplyDeleteIt was clearly meant to be... and how good do you both look?!
ReplyDeleteThat is fantastic and so hilarious! You look brilliant in your gear, very Rocky Horror! Is that Richard O'Briend in the dress? RHPS is one of my favourite films, Susan Sarandon is brilliant in it. I often say, "Dammit Janet..." when screwing up and very, very rarely get an "I love you" back again!
ReplyDeletePopping over from The Gallery
Yep, that's the man himself!
ReplyDelete