Flashback Friday - Dad
This weeks Flashback Friday theme, is Dad.
This post is for my Flashback Friday, this week the theme is Dad
In the last week not only has it been Father's Day but also my Dad's birthday. On his 60th birthday as part of his present I 'gave' him '60 memories' - things that particularly stuck in my head from childhood to date. It took me quite a while to do as but it was very well received, some were a bit random but it got quite difficult towards the end!
Here are a selection of them....
Riding my bike thinking you were
holding onto the back and then realising that I had done it on my own.
Teaching me how to play Chess,
Backgammon, Othello and Draughts – and letting me think I was good at them!
Always trying to change channel
on the TV whilst you were asleep only to have you open your eyes as I pick up
the remote.
Trying (and succeeding I once I
believe) to convince you we had parked the car on a different level to what we had.
Decorating the Christmas tree - 1st
Sunday of December with the Christmas LP playing, putting the hooks in the
baubles and then the best bit – throwing the tinsel on at the end!
You decorating the front room for
my birthday with fairy lights.
You ALWAYS eating the top of my
ice cream, (still not sure whether to be amused or angry about that!)
Me insisting on going out in the
car that was “legally mine because I was over 18! (I think that has got to be one of my
favourites!)
Giving me away at my Wedding (Did
you realise I’d come back!?)


Firstly, I am so sorry for not joining in this week. I tried to put a post together late Thursday night but didn't finish it and fell asleep and then ran out if time, sorry xx
ReplyDeleteBut secondly, what a lovely tribute to your wonderful Dad! I really like the idea of thinking up 60 memories, I would struggle to think up so many! Sounds like the two of you have always enjoyed a close relationship. He looks very prod in the wedding photo.
Xx