When you grow up
Whilst going through some old blog posts I came across this little gem from 2011, it was part of a 'Blog meme' where lots of bloggers would tag their blogging buddies and everyone would join in and write a post on a certain theme.
It was part of a longer post which is not relevant now so I thought I'd update it
.
Back in 2011 I asked Leo what he would like to be when he grows up at several different times in the hope I would eventually get an answer that made some sort of sense. (Don't forget he was not yet two years old!)
Replies included
table,
bebums (raisins),
look Mummy dirty feet,
a circle.
Eventually I got the crayons and paper out to immense excitement from him as it is possibly his favourite activity and asked him to draw what he would like to be....
I also rephrased the question and asked him what he wanted to be when he was bigger.....
He replied (with arms waving above his head) 'BIG.' Fair enough!
Starting on Leo's 3rd birthday and continuing each year since I have 'interviewed' him, an idea from another blogger back in the day and asked him a set of questions, one of the questions is 'What do you want to be when you grow up?'
Going on his last few birthday 'interviews' he has said he wanted to be a "Photo Booth Operationer" (I'm loving the job title!) or a Taekwondo instructor.
Both better than his 3rd birthday when he said he just wanted to go outside on his own!
Out of interest I decided to ask him again.
The replies were not much more help!
Me: "What do you want to be when you grow up?"
Leo: "A nice person"
Me: "What do you want to do for a job?"
Leo: "I don't know" (followed by) "are you just writing everything I say on your blog?"
I'm not sure my answers would have been much better at that age though, although I'm pretty sure I never wanted to be a table.
I seem to recall that friends of mine wanted to be hairdressers, or cake makers, or teachers, I remember thinking about all of those and not fancying the idea of any.
I remember never having a clue what I wanted to do, I suppose what I'm doing now didn't exist back then so how could I have known!
I asked Aaron what he would have answered as a child, he reply - "Older".It turns out he was always full of smart arse answers.
Louka was not so vague about his plans, he was completely convinced he will play football in the World Cup, and be The Greatest Dancer, (when we were watching the program) never mind the fact he neither wishes to go to football or dance lessons, I certainly admire his belief and optimism!
It was part of a longer post which is not relevant now so I thought I'd update it
.
Back in 2011 I asked Leo what he would like to be when he grows up at several different times in the hope I would eventually get an answer that made some sort of sense. (Don't forget he was not yet two years old!)
Replies included
table,
bebums (raisins),
look Mummy dirty feet,
a circle.
Eventually I got the crayons and paper out to immense excitement from him as it is possibly his favourite activity and asked him to draw what he would like to be....
![]() |
| "is kerkles an lines mummy" |
I also rephrased the question and asked him what he wanted to be when he was bigger.....
He replied (with arms waving above his head) 'BIG.' Fair enough!
Starting on Leo's 3rd birthday and continuing each year since I have 'interviewed' him, an idea from another blogger back in the day and asked him a set of questions, one of the questions is 'What do you want to be when you grow up?'
Going on his last few birthday 'interviews' he has said he wanted to be a "Photo Booth Operationer" (I'm loving the job title!) or a Taekwondo instructor.
Both better than his 3rd birthday when he said he just wanted to go outside on his own!
Out of interest I decided to ask him again.
The replies were not much more help!
Me: "What do you want to be when you grow up?"
Leo: "A nice person"
Me: "What do you want to do for a job?"
Leo: "I don't know" (followed by) "are you just writing everything I say on your blog?"
I'm not sure my answers would have been much better at that age though, although I'm pretty sure I never wanted to be a table.
I seem to recall that friends of mine wanted to be hairdressers, or cake makers, or teachers, I remember thinking about all of those and not fancying the idea of any.
I remember never having a clue what I wanted to do, I suppose what I'm doing now didn't exist back then so how could I have known!
I asked Aaron what he would have answered as a child, he reply - "Older".It turns out he was always full of smart arse answers.
Louka was not so vague about his plans, he was completely convinced he will play football in the World Cup, and be The Greatest Dancer, (when we were watching the program) never mind the fact he neither wishes to go to football or dance lessons, I certainly admire his belief and optimism!

Thanks for picking up the baton Emma x
ReplyDeletep.s. Great kerkles :)
How cute :) I love reading and hearing what young children say... it all passes so quickly.
ReplyDelete