Destiny is not a matter of chance, it is a matter of choice.
It is not a thing to be waited for, it is a thing to be achieved.
Seasons Greetings!
Get link
Facebook
X
Pinterest
Email
Other Apps
-
Happy Christmas!
Merry Christmas to all my lovely readers, hope you have a lovely day. Thank you for being so supportive of my first year at blogging - I look forward to much more in 2011!
I've never written this blog as if no-one was reading it, although of course when I first started no-one was reading it as no-one knew about it. I was trying to remember the exact reasons I started it, and I think the number one was to document our move to Cyprus, I can't imagine that I would have thought anything else would have been worth reading but that would have been interesting, I'd have certainly enjoyed reading someone else's story, and have done many times. I also thought it would be something to do, and a great thing to look back on, I realised it was an important point in my life, new Mum and moving abroad. I was right, I do enjoy occasionally looking back over old posts, some I hate but overall I'm pretty proud of my blog. I do miss it, and considered many times stopping and taking it offline. I never wanted to officially end it though and so always left it here just in case. Back in November 2022 I wro...
Since going back to Slimming World at the start of January I've been making an effort to try some new recipes and keep varying my food every day. Although there is an endless choice when it comes to what you 'can' eat with Slimming World, like anything it's all too easy to fall into a habit of eating the same things day in and day out. I have many SW cookbooks as well as a folder with lots of recipes that I've collected from the magazine over the years, I've actually made very few though! Last week I decided to try a new one out, and I wish I'd made it sooner! Cheesy Meatball Pasta Bake was a massive hit with the whole family and possibly one of the best main Slimming World meals I've ever made! You need... For the meatballs - 500g extra lean pork mince 6 finely chopped spring onions Dried herbs ( I used about a teaspoon each of basil and oregano) 1tbsp Worcestershire sauce 1 tbsp tomato puree For the sauce - 1 finely chop...
This week sees our 13th anniversary of our move to Cyprus. On 26th November 2009 we ran through Gatwick airport desperately trying not to miss our flight to Larnaca with 3 suitcases, 3 cabin cases, a pushchair and car seat, and of course a slightly confused 6 month old Leo! Strangely on the 26th November this year I will be flying back to Gatwick for a week's visit for the first time in almost 10 years. (With less baggage, no baby and hopefully not running late this time!) 2019 was an obvious milestone for us, and I wrote about it in my "10 years in Cyprus" post so I will try not to repeat myself by reminiscing on our time here. The last couple of years have been lacking in visitors or major events apart from the obvious so I've not got too much more to add so far. You can also read the story of our move here "Let's move to Cyprus" written as we approached our 5th Cyprus anniversary, in which Aaron first brought up the idea of moving whilst we were w...
Comments
Post a Comment