Wednesday, 7 December 2011

Homemade Lemon Curd

I've been on a bit of a domestic goddess fad lately, making enough Mince pies to feed the village and Onion Marmalde but I took it to another level last week and made my own Lemon Curd, I'd even been saving jars to put it in! It was actually really easy to make, and a damn sight cheaper than buying it as I've not seen a jar for less than 4 euros here. I just need to find someone with a lemon tree and it would be cheaper still!

You will need...
Grated zest and juice of 4 large lemons
4 large eggs
350g golden castor sugar ( I didn't have any so used normal granulated, seem to still work!)
225g unsalted butter cut into small chunks
1 level desert spoon cornflour

Lightly whisk eggs in a medium size saucepan then add the rest of the ingredients over a medium heat. Whisk continuously until mixture thickens, should be about 7 - 8 minutes.
Then turn the heat to the lowest setting and continue to whisk for about another minute.
Remove from the heat and pour into hot sterilised jars as full to the top as possible, cover with wax discs, seal when hot and it will last in a cool place for several weeks.

The recipe makes three 1lb (350ml) capacity jars.


3 comments:

  1. Thanks for my lemon curd it is really tasty.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yum. You and Kate Windsor (nee Middleton) have much in common as she's making jam for Christmas presents.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow that does sound easy peasy lemon squeezy!, I might have to give this a go if I ave time!, mmmm love lemon curd sponge cake yummmmmy!
    Thanks for sharing it Emma x

    ReplyDelete

You might also like..

Related Posts with Thumbnails