Aaron has been back at work now for over a month and so far we have survived, the next challenge is to do so without Leo being at school every morning. I want to enjoy the summer with the boys and get out and about even though I do find it very hard with both of the boys. It's always so tempting to take the easy option and do the same old things but last summer I feel I missed out on lots of things while struggling with a big baby bump in the heat.
I've been thinking of ways to keep us all occupied, both the boys and me, and in typical style I decided I had to make a list.
It's more of a list of ideas to come back to rather than a definite 'we must get all these done' and as I don't like the name 'bucket list' Lauren from Real Housewife of Suffolk County suggested 'Summer Dreams'
1. Take Leo on a boat trip
2. Go on the mini train we went on last year
3. Go on a bus trip
4. Buy, write and send a postcard to someone in the UK
5. Visit the Thalassa (Sea) museum in Agia Napa
6. Have a picnic on the beach in the evening
7. Do a scavenger hunt
8. Make / decorate cupcakes
9. Have a 'kids cocktail evening'
10. Finger painting with Leo and Louka, after finding a recipe for edible paint!
11. Play with water balloons
12. Make 'moon sand'
13. Go to the library
14. Make cornflour 'slime' (and see if he enjoys it more this time!)
15. Make 'shaker' bottles for Louka
16. Go bowling
17. Have a 'movie night'
18. Build a den
19. Make decorations together for Louka's first birthday
20. Make homemade paint with chalk
21. Have a 'picnic breakfast' by the sea
22. See a show
I'll no doubt be adding to the list as I think of new ideas, after all there's a whole lot of summer to fill here! I'd love to see other ideas too so if you have a relevant post feel free to let me know. I've got a collaborative Summer Dreams Pinterest board so if you would like me to add you just let me know in the comments. If you' fancy joining in and writing your own Summer Dreams list I'll add your link to my Summer Dreams page.