Friday, 19 August 2011

Flashback Friday - the best dressed bear in the world!

This time seven years ago I was preparing excitedly for my wedding tomorrow, I have blogged about my wedding day before so for this week's Flashback Friday I'm just sharing a different aspect...

Me in my wedding dress
In the run up to the wedding I was trying to think of an unusual thank you gift for my Mum. Flowers are lovely but I really wanted something that would last. As Mum is the worlds biggest teddy bear fan  my plan was to go to the Build a bear shop and get her a bride teddy.  Great idea in theory, but have you seen the price of those bears, and the accessories!  The wedding dress wasn't even floor length!

My Mother in law was making my dress so I went to her and asked if she could make a little dress for a bear and maybe just add a touch of red somewhere on it to link it to mine...



Look what she came up with, an exact replica of my dress.

Isn't this the best dressed teddy bear you've ever seen!





We presented the bear to Mum after the speeches, you should have seen her face!  As she opened it  by the look of the box she was expecting a bear but was lost for words when she saw it.



7 comments:

  1. Wow what a lovely gift for your Mum...I bet she was thrilled! Lovely Flashback x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! I love this, what a wonderful unique idea. Gorgeous dress too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, that is the sweetest thing I've heard in a long time! How delightful! And how wonderful that you have that kind of relationship with your mum. Thanks so much Emma! Just delightful! ;)

    Karin

    ReplyDelete
  4. Emma, that's lovely. And happy anniversary tomorrow!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a surprise and what a fantastic bear, thank you Emma and thank you Diana for making the replicable wedding dress. The bear also called Emma, she came with a Birth Certificate, has now become an official Family Heirloom.

    ReplyDelete
  6. That teddy is amazing! I bet she really treasures it. 

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a great idea for a giFt! Your MIL is very clever to have made that replica dress x

    ReplyDelete

You might also like..

Related Posts with Thumbnails