Saturday, 19 February 2011

The best of the best!

I love lots of different music, including quite a lot of 'bad music' as I have a 'bad music gene' I am always messing around with my ipod rearranging playlists as there are too many random songs to put it on shuffle, some of them just do not go together at all!


As I said, I love such a range of music I didn't really know where to start..... best dancing songs, sad songs, oldies, cheesy pop?  Well, as I was scrolling through my ipod I realised the best place to start would be my "Most played"playlist, so here are three of my favourites from it.



I suppose if I had to pick just one song as a favourite 'Hold on' by Wilson Philips would be it. I loved it at the time and then rediscovered it a few years ago. It is without a doubt the song I have listened to the most over the last year or so (with the possible exception of "The Wheels on The Bus") I sang killed it on karaoke on my birthday after my friend started singing it and I thought it would be a good idea to join in.



St Elmo's Fire - no I have never seen the film *hangs head in shame* and discovered this song only a few years ago. I loved it anyway but it became one of my all time favourites when it happened to be playing in the background as AJ videoed a walkthrough of our apartment for me to see when he was out here on his own to collect the keys, since then it has been the soundtrack to Cyprus for me.

I can see a new horizon underneath the blazin' sky
I'll be where the eagle's flying higher and higher
Gonna be your man in motion, all I need is a pair of wheels
Take me where my future's lyin', St. Elmo's Fire





There is no big reason for this one, I just loved it the first time I heard it, and was very surprised to find out it was by Kid Rock. I also killed this on karaoke too in the summer, after a few drinks (on buy one get one free!) it seemed like a good idea - it was even worse than Wilson Phillips but I kind of blended into the crowd and pretended I was a tourist!


1 comment:

  1. Brilliant tracks, Wilson Phillips bring back very school disco memories for me!

    Thanks for joining it! x

    ReplyDelete

You might also like..

Related Posts with Thumbnails