Wednesday, 10 November 2010

A tale of two Autumns


I took this photo two years ago, in October. We were away for the weekend on my in-laws narrow boat and I was thrilled to have good weather.  There lies  my problem with Autumn, in theory it's a gorgeous season, the sun low in the sky, streaming through the trees, piles of fallen leaves looking all pretty. In reality though I usually found it was cold, probably wet and often that really fine drizzle where you get soaked to the skin. I know, I am very fussy with my weather! I've never been the type to really embrace anything other than "good weather" when it comes to the great outdoors.

So, I am now glad to be out and about in the autumn. The days are lovely here now, warm enough to enjoy in a t-shirt and cool enough that you can go out walking and not want to collapse in a heap after five minutes.It also means we have the beaches to ourselves now the tourists have gone home. 


This post was written for this weeks Gallery entry over at Sticky Fingers.The prompt this week was Seasons. Why not pop over and have a look at all the gorgeous photos.

4 comments:

  1. Ooh, I could really handle that beach right now!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm with Jackie, feeling very sorry for myself with the hard frost we had this morning!! Jen

    ReplyDelete
  3. You hit the nail on the head with autumn being deceptive here. After a few weeks of sun and autumnal leaves it's now soggy piles of leaves yuk! Looks gorgeous in Cyprus :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely reflections. I'm the same with autumn. Love the bright days but hate the cold. Could just do with a few days on a lovely warm beach.

    ReplyDelete

You might also like..

Related Posts with Thumbnails