Wednesday, 8 September 2010

Living in the Goldilocks Zone

"This porridge is too hot," Goldilocks exclaimed.
So she tasted the porridge from the second bowl.
"This porridge is too cold."
So she tasted the last bowl of porridge.
"Ahhh, this porridge is just right!" she said happily.
And she ate it all up.
Goldilocks and the three bears 

It is 9pm on the 8th September and we are in the "Goldilocks Zone"  AJ has said several times this year that there is no pleasing me when it comes to the weather, I think it's too cold, too hot, too wet etc.. Well I tonight whilst sitting on the balcony I suddenly announced that I was a perfect temperature! He replied with "Not too hot, not too cold" hence the title of this post. 

Before my UK trip I would sit outside after a shower and be drenched in sweat in minutes, I realised this evening that after a pleasantly hot but not too sweaty day that I was exactly the right temperature for the first time in ages. 

We now slowly on our way into autumn / winter, I love the fact that there are actual seasons that you can predict, yes it's bloody hot in summer and then feels REALLY cold indoors in winter but you pretty much know what's happening when. I do not miss the "blink and you miss it" English summers, or the drizzly dull autumn days back in the UK. That was the main part of the problem, I don't so much mind what the weather does if you actually knew when it was going to do it! 

I'm looking forward to being able to go walking again with the buggy and to start exercising again (only kind of looking forward to the exercising bit!) although I will miss our Mummy meet ups at the hotel pools - see there I go again.....just no pleasing some people is there!



5 comments:

  1. Hi Emma! Great blog! Thanks for your comment on mine - glad to have found you too :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes you are right, we said this evening that it is finally getting to a nice temperature. I have to say though that I can't wait till we can light the fire and wear jeans! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am hopping in from Friday's hops. Have a wonderful weekend! Would love for you to stop by.

    Giveaway Blogdom

    ReplyDelete
  4. @ Little Island, I like the nice temperature, but I can definitely wait longer to wear jeans! Doesn't help that last winter we were so cold indoors with a useless halogen heater!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm your newest follower from Friday Follow! Can't wait to check out more of your blog!

    Jennifer @ Life with the Lebedas
    www.lebedafamily.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

You might also like..

Related Posts with Thumbnails