Friday, 23 June 2017

Oranges and Lemons

Another one of those catch up / flashback posts from me today,  it's a bit random but another one where I started the draft months ago but only put the images into it.


Oranges and Lemons - no, not the song / game you probably know from childhood but the slightly random game I accidentally created one day in the park which is still going over two years later. As reluctantly played 'just one more round PLEASE' I thought to myself that it was actually quite a nice / easy / cheap way to keep the boys happy,  and it wouldn't be long before we'd never be doing stuff like this anymore - so I should blog about it before I forget all about it. 

This is our local park, 


It's a great park,  I'd say the best in the whole area,  it's certainly the biggest and has lots of paths to explore,  birds to see, examples of old water mills, a large bit of grass to play ball or run about on, and now a lovely cafe so you can grab a beer or a coffee while you're there.

It also has lots of orange and lemon trees, the boys like to collect them,  eat the oranges and pile me up with lemons and then ask me to make Lemon cake.

One day a few years ago I was in the park with just Leo. He was wearing his eye patch (to try and strengthen his bad eye)  and I was desperately trying to distract him from how much he hated it and make the time pass quickly for him.

I ended up hiding a handful of oranges and lemons in a small area and getting him to look for them. It went well, was quite fun and passed the time,  I went home thinking not much of it.

Since then every time we go to the park on our own I get asked to play, if we are meeting friends then they usually end up playing it instead!




Sometimes I'd get the boys to play by themselves, and I'd take the chance to sit for 10 minutes or so while they take turns hiding and hunting the fruit,  but I don't mind playing that much and quite enjoy coming up with new and difficult hiding places for them!

No comments:

Post a Comment

You might also like..

Related Posts with Thumbnails