Monday, 1 September 2014

Right Here, Right now

Although I still love my little blog, my new 'baby' the Famagusta Parents Network is the thing that just can't help but spend more time on at the moment - it's like the younger baby that accidentally takes more attention while you throw the older one a biscuit and put the tv on. I have all good intentions to write here and then I sit at the laptop and the words don't come so easily. I saw this post by Karin at Cafe Bebe and thought it would be a good place to start.

Inspired by Bug Bird Bee, 'Right Here, Right Now' is a monthly insight to where you are, what you're thinking and what's going on in your life.

Currently I am: Balancing, managing two blogs and a magazine column, entertaining the boys whilst encouraging to entertain themselves and play together, dealing with the heat and humidity which has been hard going over the last couple of weeks and trying to come up with interesting things to do, dinners to eat and inexpensive places to go.

Reading:  as well as Bob the builder, The Gruffalo and what seems like hundreds of random kids books constantly I am actually reading a proper book at the moment. It is rare these days for me to step away from the laptop and read something for myself but I recently picked up the 'Time Travellers Wife' again. I've read it several times now and still love it, it's so much better than the film.

Listening to: a small selection of songs requested by Leo who gets focused on a few songs at a time that he has heard us play and his favourite at the moment is Elvis Presley's 'Burning Love'.  Leo is singing it constantly especially the last 'Just a hunk, a hunk of burning love'  which then starts Louka off running around in circles shouting 'Hunka hunka'

Laughing at:  Mainly Loukas, he turned two last week and is becoming a real little comedian, almost putting sentences together and laughing his head off at random things all the time!

Swooning over: Doctor Who, that is in general rather than the actual Doctor himself now (that's not to say I don't like Peter Capaldi, he's just not as 'pretty as 10 and 11)  Even though David Tennant left,and I was sad to see him go I possibly love the program more than ever,  I realise I am a bit of a geek but I just love it and I've been spending way too much time online reading stuff about it and watching old clips. Althought I still haven't brought myself to watch Classic Doctor Who yet!

Planning: As always, lots of things in some vague way in my head, but next up is a 'Coffee morning/Market' I'm arranging at a local pub in a couple of weeks time.  I arranged one back in May but this should be bigger and better. I'm also going to plan my meals for next week, as it's about time I got back to my target weight (again!)

Eating: aaaahh everything!  I've not weighed in at Slimming World for weeks now, even though I'm there each week as the 'weigh lady'.  I was at target but I know I'll be over that now so it's 100% back on plan for me next week, just got a couple more Summer holiday days to enjoy first!

Feeling: frustrated as there are so many things I'd like to do, places to go but we are restricted by lack of funds or the high temperatures which limit activities to things to do in water or air conditioned places!

Discovering: How much Loukas is learning and saying all of a sudden,  and how he is delevoping his own personality which is so like yet so different to Leo's.

Watching at the cinema:  I've not been to the cinema in over 5 years, last time I think was to watch Seven Pounds, and I was very pregnant and uncomfortable, and almost fell asleep!

Wearing: As little as possible!  Usually a bikini top and shorts if I'm at home or as little as I can get away with when leaving the house as it's still so hot. I'm kind of looking forward to the temperature dropping so I can go back to wearing proper clothes again.

Cooking: Again, as little as possible!  It's hot enough without standing in front of an oven, I prefer to be making salads while Aaron BBQ's when possible.

Wondering: What the new (school) year will bring, with opportunities and the new season. September here in Cyprus always feels like the start of a new beginning, the summer weather is still going strong but this month will eventually bring about a change in temperature and as the tourists start to lessen a different feel to the island.

Making: I don't 'make' things unless you can count memories or mess!

Summer - right here, right now.


2 comments:

  1. It got noticeably cooler here in Israel today and all the schools went back. So I hope we'll be sending you some respite from the heat. Will Loukas be in any childcare framework this year so you have a few hours to work? Wishing you a good academic and working year. xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello! Thanks for joining in on Right Here, Right Now.I think I need to introduce my kids to Elvis.They much older then yours and I just got a blank look and a "What?" from my oldest toe when I asked them if they liked him.I've never read The Time Travelers Wife, one for my to be read list I think.We're loving the new Doctor, he seems like a lost little boy.Good luck with the weight loss, it's something I'm going to tackle too.I hope you join in again next month.

    ReplyDelete

You might also like..

Related Posts with Thumbnails