Saturday, 4 January 2014

My little helper - 1/52



When I planned my weeks food yesterday (for the first time ever!) to help with get back on track with Slimming World, I knew there was one place I'd have to go today.

Deryneia has a farmers market every Saturday morning, I'd been meaning to go for weeks now but had never got round to it before, always ending up getting a couple of bits at the supermarket while Leo was at school.

I chickened out of taking Louka, leaving him at home with Aaron and instead I enlisted Leo as 'my little helper' 

Usually one to be a handful whilst shopping he loved our trip to the market, holding my list and reading out what we needed, then finding it on the stalls and choosing the produce. 

I gave him the money and he asked the stallholders how much it was and handed it over speaking in Greek to them.  He was given a huge strawberry by one lady so I think that's why he speaks in Greek, he knows they think it's cute and tends to be given things!

Maybe it was the responsibility or maybe it was the fresh air but it was a much more enjoyable experience than going to our usual supermarket. We even managed a quick shop there afterwards and he was still in a good mood!



mummy daddy me
Country Kids from Coombe Mill Family Farm Holidays CornwallLove All Blogs Better Photos Project

TheBoyandMe's 365 Linky

14 comments:

  1. Isnt it funny how when children are focused they suddenly become very helpful. I love the photo of him :-)
    #countrykids

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good luck with SW, sounds like you have a very useful little helper #365

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love it when I go shopping and my daughters behave well - makes it so much easier :) lovely post - I think that photo is fab! Xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a lovely photos and a very cute helper - no wonder he receives treats. It must be a much more stimulating and interesting experience to shop at the market instead of the supermarket, no wonder Leo enjoyed himself. Happy New Year to you all and thanks for linking up and good luck with SW.

    ReplyDelete
  5. He looks like he is loving being your little helper. It must be great to have a farmers market nearby.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love going to places like that, so much nicer than the supermarket! x

    ReplyDelete
  7. it is lovely to visit a market and let the children see that produce can come from somewhere other than a supermarket! and how wodnerful for you and Leo to have some one on one time together too - he has done so well in speaking Greek. proud mummy moment me thinks xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. We don't have any good farmers markets near us and it is one thing that I wish we did- there is nothing better than really fresh local produce. It is lovely that he is a good helper, and how proud must you be of him learning two languages. Thanks so much for joining in with the Ordinary Moments. x

    ReplyDelete
  9. So great that he gets involved and enjoys helping. Kitty is at a similar stage - I am making the most of it whilst it lasts! Thanks for joining in and sharing x

    ReplyDelete
  10. So sweet, they like to make themselves useful at that age don't they?

    ReplyDelete
  11. Farmers markets are just wonderful aren't they. Such an adorable photo - looks like you have a great helper there! Exciting times! Thank you for sharing with #whatsthestory

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love that market too - I go nearly every week. It's truly a farmers' market, apart from a few stalls that have a large range of produce, some of it imported. I hope that it will continue to thrive because it's what we've been lacking in our area. Spread the word among your friends; I have, and they've been converted!
    Sue

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love this photo because I know the background to it, Leo looks so grown up in it as well and it's so colourful. Pleased you're back, good news and thanks for linking up to Project 365.

    ReplyDelete

You might also like..

Related Posts with Thumbnails