Wednesday, 14 August 2013

The Pottery Place

Back in June a group of us decided to spend an afternoon entertaining the kids and making gifts for Fathers Day by visiting The Pottery Place in Protaras. I must admit that at first the idea didn't appeal to me, and over thinking it as usual I thought it would be more hassle than it was worth with my two and I'm really not the creative arty type but it was one of those places I'd been planning to visit one day so I went along anyway!

However I was more than surprised and not only did I really enjoy the afternoon but am looking forward to going again sometime. 

The Pottery Place is very popular with locals and due to its central location in Protaras also with tourists.  

The idea is simple - pick your piece of pottery, paint it, and then return a couple of days later to collect your item once it has been glazed and fired. 

Leo chose to paint a mug for Daddy and then we made a hand print tile for my Dad using my hand print as a base followed by Leo's on top and then Loukas on top of that. 

The Pottery place, Protaras, Cyprus


The ladies who run The Pottery Place are brilliant and really great with the children even when Leo knelt on his chair, leaned on the table and tipped it up spilling dirty paint water everywhere!

They were so helpful with everything from assisting in choosing items, paint colours, and keeping the kids engaged with the activity.  

I'll certainly be going back again. and we're now talking about having a  evening session in the winter without the kids!

The Pottery place, Protaras, Cyprus

1 comment:

  1. This is something I've always wanted to do. I love the tile and I'm glad you had a good time x

    ReplyDelete

You might also like..

Related Posts with Thumbnails