Friday, 19 July 2013

He's a Jingle Jangle baby.

Three years ago, not long after we moved to Cyprus I started to take Leo to 'Jingle Jangles' a music group for 0-3 year olds, he was 9 months old and although at first he had no real idea what was going on it was good for him and even better for me!    I was sad at our last session as it was one of the things that kept me sane when I first moved here, and the place where I met two people who I now count among my best friends.

This month I got to relive some old memories when I took Louka for the final 3 sessions before the summer break.

It was quite surreal to sit down again in the familar circle and 'tick tock' with a 9 month old on my lap again.

It was a bit odd being there without the others but I knew a couple of them and of course I know 'Miss Claire'.  Singing all the familiar songs it seemed like only yesterday I was there with Leo.

The last two weeks I've taken Leo with me as he has finished school for summer.  He said he didn't remember Miss Claire or anything about it but I could see that it all came back to him when we started.

Leo loved it and has spoken about it constantly since, he loved showing Louka how to do the songs and play the instruments and beamed with pride when Miss Claire praised him.  Yesterday he asked how Miss Claire can come to our house and see us!



Tempo dance and theatre school Cyprus


Tempo run a whole range of classes for all ages, you can find them on Facebook under 

4 comments:

  1. I love it when you find a good group to go to, it can make such a difference to mums! It's nice they've both enjoyed it and that Leo could come back and join in to.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Loved mother and toddler groups when we went to them. So good for the kids and for mums too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. i tried to take Burton to a music and song group a couple of times when heavily pregnant - nightmare ! He would not sit still and just wanted to explore the room instead! I only went 3 times!
    i love that Leo was happy to join in and wanted to help Louka thats so sweet
    thanks for linking up x x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ah, I used to love taking The Boy to Monkey Music (even if he would complain halfway through) and other playgroups. *Sob* it all changes now :-(

    ReplyDelete

You might also like..

Related Posts with Thumbnails