Thursday, 11 July 2013

Cocktails and Dreams

As we recently saw the end of school for the summer I thought we'd start off as we mean to go on and I chose the first activity from our 'Summer Dreams' list.

Sam, Leiarna and baby Jaxon came round after school for lunch, playtime and dinner and I thought it a perfect time for some cocktails...

I love cocktails, they make me think of holidays and fun, so I thought it would be nice to share this with the kids..... without the alcohol of course! (I just can't stand the word 'mocktail')

I provided the ingredients and Sam came armed with the decorations.

We started with a fruit smoothie, banana, mango, orange juice and ice. They enjoyed helping to make it, putting the chopped fruit into the blender and pressing the button.



The smoothies were not a huge hit with the kids but we enjoyed them as I made the next round, a child friendly take on one of one of my all time favourites.

'Sandcastles on the Beach'

crushed ice
1 cup orange juice
1 cup apple juice
1 cup lemonade
splash of grenadine

Straws, cocktail umbrellas, stirrers etc...

Half fill the glasses with the crushed ice and pour a little grenadine into each glass.
Put the rest of the ingredients in a blender and whizz for a few seconds until nice and frothy.
Pour over the grenadine and ice and add straws and decorations.

non alcoholic childrens cocktail

Leo and Leiarna loved their special drinks, a fab way to celebrate the start of summer!




This ticks off an item off our 'Summer Dreams' bucket list,  if you have any summer related activities I'd love to see them - add them to the linky below and grab the badge if you wish...
A matter of choice


4 comments:

  1. They look fantastic!! What a great idea :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. i LOVE the sandcastles on the beach name lol very clever of you Emma. i would have enjoyed one over the last few days here - we have bene having some hot weather dont you know?? lol x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a great idea, I love the end result with the umbrellas and sparklers! So fun x

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is brilliant, I love how you've done the Sandcastles on the Beach cocktail. The Boy won't drink anything but water or milk so it would be a pretty rubbish cocktail at this end.

    ReplyDelete

You might also like..

Related Posts with Thumbnails