I saw a lovely piece of writing today shared on facebook by several of my friends and I thought it something worth remembering and some great thoughts for my first blog post of the year.
It was written by a lady called Regina Brett, 90 years old of Cleveland, Ohio.
1. Life isn't fair, but it's still good.
2. When in doubt, just take the next small step.
3. Life is too short – enjoy it..
4. Your job won't take care of you when you are
sick. Your friends and family will.
5. Pay off your credit cards every month.
6. You don't have to win every argument. Stay true
7. Cry with someone. It's more healing than crying
8. Save for retirement starting with your first pay
9. When it comes to chocolate, resistance is
10. Make peace with your past so it won't screw up
11. It's OK to let your children see you cry.
12. Don't compare your life to others. You have no
idea what their journey is all about.
13. If a relationship has to be a secret, you
shouldn't be in it...
14 Take a deep breath. It calms the mind.
15. Get rid of anything that isn't useful. Clutter
weighs you down in many ways.
16. Whatever doesn't kill you really does make you
17. It's never too late to be happy. But it’s all
up to you and no one else.
18. When it comes to going after what you love in
life, don't take no for an answer.
19. Burn the candles, use the nice sheets, wear the
fancy lingerie. Don't save it for a special occasion. Today is special.
20. Over prepare, then go with the flow.
21. Be eccentric now. Don't wait for old age to
22. The most important sex organ is the brain.
23. No one is in charge of your happiness but you.
24. Frame every so-called disaster with these words
'In five years, will this matter?'
25. Always choose life.
26. Forgive but don’t forget.
27. What other people think of you is none of your
28. Time heals almost everything. Give time time.
29. However good or bad a situation is, it will
30. Don't take yourself so seriously. No one else
31. Believe in miracles.
32. Don't audit life. Show up and make the most of
33. Growing old beats the alternative -- dying
34. Your children get only one childhood.
35. All that truly matters in the end is that you
36. Get outside every day. Miracles are waiting
37. If we all threw our problems in a pile and saw
everyone else's, we'd grab ours back.
38. Envy is a waste of time. Accept what you
already have not what you need.
39. The best is yet to come...
40. No matter how you feel, get up, dress up and
42. Life isn't tied with a bow, but it's still a
I'm not generally a fan of New Years Resolutions but this is just the kind of thing I would like to keep in mind as the year progresses.