Thursday, 11 October 2012

Slimming World Friendly Quiche & Week 2 Weigh in

If I had to pick one product that helped me the most with Slimming World it would have to be Batchelors 'Pasta & Sauce.  Pre SW (and pre-children) I used to eat at lot of ready meals and processed food, 'Pasta & Sauce' being one of them. When I started the plan I was very happy to find they were 'free' on Green days (or very low in syns for some flavours).

Although I started cooking most meals from scratch I found these to be a life saver many times and always made sure I had several packet in the cupboard. Not only were they quick and easy to make I actually really enjoyed them unlike most other SW friendly 'easy' foods. 

Handily they are also in the shops out here and they are a sensible price unlike many other imports. 

They are great on their own, or with the addition of some herbs or chilli flakes but I also use them to make a 'Slimming World Quiche'

You need:
One packet 'Pasta & Sauce'  any flavour but Tomato & Herb works very well
2 eggs
Tub low fat cottage cheese

28g Low fat cheddar cheese (optional)  (a healthy A choice)
Whatever else takes your fancy - herbs, chilli, tabasco, salt & pepper   etc


Make up the 'Pasta & Sauce as directed on the packet, leaving out the optional knob of butter and replacing the milk with water.  (if I'm eating it on its own I use milk and count the syns but you don't notice in the quiche)



Pour the cooked pasta into a quiche dish lined with foil.

Beat the eggs and add the cottage cheese to the mixture. I then give it a whizz with the hand blender to smooth it down as I'm not a fan of the texture of cottage cheese but you don't have to.

Pour the egg mixture over the pasta.

You can add anything you fancy now - tomatoes, mushrooms, bacon (if following Extra Easy, or count it as syns) etc.

Cook for about 30 minutes, or until it looks 'quiche like'  

If using cheese, grate and sprinkle over a few minutes before the end of cooking.


You can eat it hot or cold, and it's a great thing to have in the fridge to pick at during the day. If you eat the entire thing you will only be using a 'healthy A choice' for the cheese.  (assuming the flavour pasta you chose is syn free) but it's quite a lot to eat in one go, especially if you serve it with salad.  (although I've eaten a whole one on several occasions!) 


Week 2 weigh in....

After my great first week I was very careful to stick to the plan to keep up the momentum. I managed to do my workout DVD twice, whilst stopping every now and again to rock Louka in his baby bouncer whilst he watched me. I was pleased this morning to see I've lost another 2lb.

That's a total of 6lb so next week I'm aiming for 1lb to reach my first 1/2 stone  :)

3 comments:

  1. MidlifeSinglemum11 October 2012 at 15:45

    Well done! Good luck for the coming week.

    ReplyDelete
  2. well done Emma tahst great!. i have failed again i just don't know what is wrong with me because i want to lose the weight. i seem to have lost all motivation :(
    your quiche sounds really nice i will pick some of those pasta sauces up next time i am at Tesco. i used to eat them as a student! x

    ReplyDelete
  3. You haven't failed - don't tell yourself that, it makes it harder :) It is bloody hard though especially being at home with kids. I'm just on a mission and the fact I'm blogging about it and have told everyone means I don't want to stuff it up! Also I only have shorts that fit me so will freeze in the winter time!

    ReplyDelete

You might also like..

Related Posts with Thumbnails