Thursday, 25 October 2012

Slimming World Carbonara & Weigh in

I've been trying to get back on track this week so I've been making an effort to plan all meals to Slimming World friendly and cooking enough to eat them for the following days lunch where possible. We've had home-made meatballs and spaghetti, omelette and chips and one of my current favourites, Spaghetti Carbonara.

I've seen many Slimming World recipes for Spaghetti Carbonara over the years but they all use Quark and apart from the fact I can't stand the stuff (have tried SO many different ways of using it but I still know it's in there!) it's not at all easy to get here. I found this one which uses low fat fromage frais in one of my SW recipe books and adapted it slightly



It's quick and easy and doesn't taste like a 'Slimming' dinner.

Fry roughly chopped bacon in Fry Light for 2-3 minute until cooked
Beat an egg, stir in some 'very low fat fromage frais' and chopped herbs.
Add to bacon with heaps of boiled spaghetti and cook over a low heat until the egg starts to set.

I use a low fat 'Philadelphia' type cheese as fromage frais is virtually impossible to get here. I'm not 100% sure of the syns in the one I use but I remember seeing it at my group last year so I believe it's low!


Weigh in time....

Very pleased with this week, down 3lb so a total of 1/2 stone....   now where's my sticker?

7 comments:

  1. MidlifeSinglemum25 October 2012 at 08:53

    Quark was only invented after I left England so I was never sure what it was. I had to pass over all quark recipes, regretfully as SW uses it a lot. Then only recently I discovered that quark is what we call white cheese. We had it here way before quark and it's one of the most popular cheeses in the supermarket. I was using it all along.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh maybe they I could get it here then!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Elena Pissaridou25 October 2012 at 20:27

    After reading your posts about Slimming World I searched and found that there is a group in Nicosia. I'm planning to start next week :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Glad I inspired you! Good luck with it :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Mmm sounds tasty. You are doing well go Emma x

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love Carbonara, so easy yet so tasty!

    ReplyDelete
  7. That looks yummy and easy to make :) Best find out how many points are in that! Well done on your weight loss!

    ReplyDelete

You might also like..

Related Posts with Thumbnails