Thursday, 4 October 2012

First week weigh in

Each week along with my weigh in post I'll be sharing some aspect of my current or previous Slimming World journey, recipes, tips or just my random thoughts about it. Hopefully it might be of interest to some of you, but if nothing else it will help me stay on track! 


It's the end of the first week of being back on the Slimming World plan.   It's been good to get back on it and I've enjoyed starting to get back in the swing of things.  I've had a good week and stuck to the plan all week (with the one exception of sharing a pizza with Leo at the pool on the weekend, but I used that as my only syns of the day)

So, how did I do?

I lost 4 lb - a very good start I think!

First time round my goal was to aim for a 2 lb a week loss, and to my surprise I pretty much managed it throughout the first year.  Sometimes it was 1 lb and sometimes I stayed the same and but I didn't have too many gains,  and when I did I always knew why so it didn't bother me too much.    Lots of people used to hope for big losses, of 4,5 or 6 lb and occasionally they happened although usually in peoples first weeks of following the plan. I saw many people over the years be despondent at 'only' losing 1 or 2 lb and I could never understand it..... a loss is good whether it is 1 lb or 4 lb, it's all in the right direction. Although I had a lot to lose  I just figured early on that if I kept doing the same thing I'd eventually get to where I wanted to be. 

I believe I kept at the plan for so long and then kept the weight off because I lost it slow and steady. SW is no 'quick fix' diet and I think that's a very good thing,  In my opinion 'faddy diets' lead to 'yo-yo' dieting as it's impossible to keep them up for any length of time.   After all, how long can you live on milkshakes or cabbage soup, or completely cut something out of your diet that you love eating.  



This post is not connected to Slimming World itself, all opinions and advice are my own from my experiences from following the Slimming World plan and not necessarily those given by the company itself. 




6 comments:

  1. Congratulations on your excellent loss :)
    I totally agree about any loss being an achievement. I lost 1/2lb this week after being good all week but it seems there's a pattern emerging and I'm not letting it get me down. I lost weight and that's what I'm focusing on :)
    I'm also looking at SW as being part of my life now because I know it's going to take me a long time to get to target and once I do I know I'll need help maintaining it so it's in my head that I'll be on this plan for life.
    It's a good job I love going to class! lol
    Well done again, you must be really pleased :) xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fabulous first week and great post. I've been losing about 1lb a week and have to admit that I have felt disheartened some weeks when I hear others saying they've lost a stone in a fortnight or a month. Slow but steady is the way to win the race though, you're quite right.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am :) People who lose a stone in a fortnight either have LOADS to lose or will probably end up putting back on in my experience.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I found that going to class made all the difference for me, I do miss my old UK group.

    ReplyDelete
  5. well done Emma - i am going to start (again) tomorrow. i need some motivation!! reading this has given me some so thanks lovely x

    ReplyDelete

You might also like..

Related Posts with Thumbnails