Friday, 14 September 2012

Thank you Mum & Dad!

For this week's Flashback Friday I'm sharing a poem I wrote many years ago (not sure when, maybe around 2001 when I lived on my own for the first time) for my Mum and Dad.

Since joining us here in Cyprus they have both helped Aaron and I out a huge amount in many ways, more than we could ever thank them for and especially recently when I was struggling with the pregnancy and now with both the boys. I don't know what I would have done without them over the last couple of months, especially with Aaron working 7 days a week.  



How can I thank you and show that I care,
 for all that you've done and the times you've been there.
I could never repay you, the debt is too deep, 
You gave me everything, precious memories to keep. 

Dad taught me honesty, how to learn from mistakes, 
Mum, you try to protect me from those I might make.

I never realised how lucky I am to have such support, 
You spoilt me rotten, gave me all that I sought.
I took you for granted when living at home, 
only now can I see this, now I'm out on my own.

You both gave me all that you could, 
and now you still do. 
I wish I could give back more than just love for you.


laurensflashbackbadge1flashbackbadge1

5 comments:

  1. Lovely! You are very blessed to have your parents so near and willing to help.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awwww Emma that is so lovely and when your mum sees this post I am sure she will be ever so pleased and proud of you. I think it hits us the most how much our parents did for us when we leave home and when we have children of our own, because your are able to put yourself in their shoes for the first time.
    Thanks for joining in again x x

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is so so lovely. I agree with everything Jenny said, now we have children we appreciate our parents, and everything they do for us, so much more.
    Thank you for sharing and linking up xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Emma thank you for our lovely 'Thank You Poem' all our love, Mum and Dad.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such a lovely poem. Love and support from family is so important. Sounds like you have lots :) x

    ReplyDelete

You might also like..

Related Posts with Thumbnails