Friday, 24 August 2012

Me and my boy

I feel very lucky to have been able to be a 'Stay at home Mum' since Leo was born,  it's not always been a bundle of laughs admittedly especially as for most of his first year I was also getting used to living in a new country and being on my own with a baby for the first time.      There's been many times where I've been tearing my hair out and desperate for a break, and the times which came as a surprise to me - those ones where I've been bored to tears, I really didn't expect those before I became a Mum.

But for every bad moment there have been a hundred more fantastic ones and I as I was feeling a little nostalgic I thought I'd have a rummage through the photos of us taken over the last few years.


He knows that his baby brother will be arriving soon, but I can't help but wonder what he will make of the new situation.  I know in time he will be unlikely to remember the time when he had his Mummy all to himself and I also know he will be a great big brother.   As I grew up an only child I can't really imagine what its like to suddenly have a sibling join the family, Aaron is one of three but he is the youngest so never dealt with a new arrival.

Over the last couple of days Leo has been increasingly 'lovey', I'm not sure if this is just to do with school (he's never been that happy about going, and since his week off while it was closed he's been even more upset about it)   or if he knows things are about to change.    He's been very cuddly and has spent a lot of time saying 'I just want to be with you'  and sitting cuddled up to me on the sofa.

In less than a week he will no longer be my baby ( not that I've thought of him as one for a long time - it actually really bugs me when people refer to kids as 'the baby') and he will definitely be my 'big boy'

Baby brother now has a final eviction date as induction is booked for tomorrow  (I'm writing this post on 21st August so it is possible he has already arrived!) even though we know when he will be here by I STILL can't imagine being Mum to two boys and I can't believe it will no longer be just 'Me and my boy'


Linking up to Flashback Friday, hosted by Lauren & Jenny
flashbackbadge1

11 comments:

  1. I'm struggling to imagine the change too. Its been me and my little guy for so long, that it's weird to think that there will be another kiddo along for the ride. Good luck. Can't wait to hear news that the new arrival has finally arrived! X

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awww this is the perfect choice for a flashback this week lovely. It's very daunting with a second baby on the way, it's mixed with knowledge that you know what having a baby is like this time around BUT you have no idea how you will cope beinig a mum to two!
    I am going to DM you Jons mobile because my SIMM is playing up for some reason!! Good luck for tomorrow. Xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's a funny one this. I used to feel sad that none of mine ever had that one to one, me & my mum thing (the problem with starting with two!), but actually as the others came along I thought maybe it would have been a shame that they didn't get to have it.
    So don't be sad, Leo has been a lucky little boy to have his mum to himself but for all that, as you say, he wont really remember it and will have a ball with his baby brother. I certainly remember Aaron being a baby and the excitement of having him, but not life before him and I know Dan was cock-a-hoop to have me to look after & play with.
    In the end I think these things are more about us and our worries than our 'babies'; the time you two have had has been special but you'll move on to different experiences, like the joy of seeing the similarities and yet marked differences between your boys and their personalities.
    Within a few months you'll wonder how you could ever have thought that life was complete with just one special little boy :-)
    I can't wait for the arrival of my newest nephew! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Tallulah@BilingualBabes24 August 2012 at 14:12

    It's a special time, just before your next baby is born. So hard to imagine, and prepare for, but so exciting too!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh wow! Very exciting. xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. MidlifeSinglemum24 August 2012 at 18:51

    Lovely post. It's the 24th today so I expect you are now 'me and my boys'. Can't wait to meet the littlun. xxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Such a lovely post and a really exciting yet life changing time for you all.
    I promise all will be ok.
    I cannot wait to hear when baby has arrived tomorrow and hope you have an easy labour. If not easy, then I hope you are at least both ok and everything happens as best it can xxx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Going in for induction tomorrow morning (Saturday) :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. disqus_KH5JxwRpB825 August 2012 at 21:51

    Hope by now you are all together as a family - lovely post. I have two boys who are grown up now and love them to bits. I had always wanted at least one girl but now wonder why! Boys are so loving - enjoy your boys - brings back memories for me. Looking forward to your next post.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hope you are all fit and well. All the best.

    I can't seem to comment as a blogger anymore. ;-)

    http://sarsm.wordpress.com/

    ReplyDelete
  11. MidlifeSinglemum26 August 2012 at 21:31

    It's now Sunday night so I hope everything went well today. xxx

    ReplyDelete

You might also like..

Related Posts with Thumbnails