Thursday, 29 March 2012

Banana & Raisin Loaf recipe

Bananas and recipes including them are a recently new discovery to me, I grew up detesting them but actually  'taught' myself to like them!  When I started going to Slimming World I decided it would be easier for me if I liked them as they were a very handy and reasonably filling snack and so I kept eating the occasional one and eventually they grew on me - to the point where I'd have one every morning without fail and I'd be most upset if we run out!

After I'd hit my Slimming World target I continued to eat my new favourite fruit but realised I'd probably be able to improve it by putting it in a cake.   I've tried several different recipes now but this one for some reason is the best by far...


110g butter
110g sugar (can add some dark, but I didn't have any)
2 eggs
3 or 4 bananas (I used 4 and left one for the end so it was less mashed up)
225g SR Flour
1/2 tsp bicarb of soda
1 tsp cinanmon
140g raisins  (I used less than this as Leo ate loads while we were cooking!)

It's such an easy cake to make

  • Cream together the butter and sugar
  • Add the beaten eggs
  • Mash 2 or 3 of the bananas and chop one and add to the mix
  • Stir in the flour, bicarb of soda and raisins
  • Bake in a lined / greased loaf tin at 180c for 45 mins.
It went down very well with everyone except Aaron who detests bananas and so is always less than impressed when he realises I've made a cake he can't eat.....oops, more for us then!


No comments:

Post a Comment

You might also like..

Related Posts with Thumbnails