Thursday, 5 January 2012

The one with the announcement!

You may have noticed a bit less in the way of blogging from me over the last couple of weeks, although this was handily disguised by Christmas the real reason can now be revealed....


Yep..... I'm pregnant!  
Regular readers of my blog will possibly guess this wasn't entirely planned (or even vaguely!) but 'Que Sera sera' and all that!

I found out just before Christmas and although I was fairly sure as I took the test (even though one before had been negative) it was still  huge shock to see those two lines staring back at me.  People had asked if we planned to have another and my standard response was always 'No, but never say never'  Truthfully I'd always wanted two children but finances and living space was never conducive to having a bigger family.  The timing could be MUCH better, as Aaron is still looking for work, and we are struggling, and we sold Leo's cot only in November! but as several people have told us, it will all work out in the end...... I admit I have no idea how but we'll have to figure that one out!

It's still early days and I did wonder if I should wait before announcing so publicly but blogging is such a part of my life I know I'd want to write whatever happened so I saw no reason not to. I am 7 weeks at the moment, which makes me due at the end of August......   that's going to be fun in 50 degree heat!

I've had 2 scans, one before Christmas at a private clinic as I had no idea of my dates and was concerned I could be anything up to 12 weeks already, and today I went for my first appointment at the General hospital where they scanned again and gave me my dates.  So although many people in the UK wait until 12 weeks that's usually the first time they have a scan.

It will be interesting to see the differences in giving birth in Cyprus compared to the UK. I've heard lots of things......they can be very quick to give c-sections, they don't do much in the way of pain relief, and they are not hugely pro-breast feeding among others but that's only things I've heard on the grapevine so I won't be making any sweeping generalisations and I'll let you know of my experiences as I go!


BirthInCyprus






Reasons to be Cheerful at Mummy from the Heart

I'm linking this to Michelle's Reasons to be cheerful, it's the 1st year anniversary of the linky this week and I thought as reasons go it's quite a good one!

30 comments:

  1. Congratulations. X

    I too would tell everyone early this time around - each pregnancy is special no matter how long it lasts.

    I've had 3 miscarriages before having my daughter and the only way I got through them was by talking about them.

    Did you get scan pics? Would love to see them. X good luck and you will cope - its surprising just how easy it is to get cheap/free baby stuff.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Huge congratulations. Hope you keep well xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Massive congratulations, like you say things do always work themselves out.  What a lovely start to the new year.

    Mich x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratualtions! That's lovely news to start the year with. When it comes to babies I don't think there is ever a 'right' time, you just make the most of the time, space and money that you have. All the best for the year ahead xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yeh, so so happy for you! Huge congrats and try not to worry, you will work it out! Just enjoy the wonderfulness of your new little one and take care of yourself! xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congratulations!!!  How exciting!!  It is true what people say.... it all works out in the end.  You know what things you won't need second time around and I agree with the person who said there is never a 'right' time.

    Good luck :)

    http://boyboyandme.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congratulations! What a wonderful way to start the year! x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Congratulations!! That is wonderful news xxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Congratulations! I'm so excited for you xxx.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Congratulations :0)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Michelle Utterlyscrummy Rice9 October 2012 at 20:27

    Congratulations! What a brilliant Christmas surprise! :o) x

    ReplyDelete
  12. Ooo, how exciting!! Congratulations!!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. There is never a good time or a bad time to have a baby is what my late Mum used to say.  So long as they are loved they are fine.  Congratulations

    ReplyDelete
  14. Lovley news, many congratulations to you all

    ReplyDelete
  15. Congratulations! I got pregnant with both my two at probably the most inconvenient times possible, but it always works out fine in the end and I wouldn't change it for the world - despite a certain newborn screaming the house down for 3 hours last night! I heard all kinds of weird things about how they do things differently here yet I was pleasantly surprised by the standard of care in the end - even if some things are done a bit differently to the UK and it's so much easier the second time around (well so far anyway!) x

    ReplyDelete
  16. congratulations!! i have also just found out im pregnant with my second, am seven weeks gone, due end of august!!  i havent yet put it on my blog as Im waiting for my scan but am desperate to write about it on my blog, i have so many posts to write already!! anyway, congrats again and I hope you have a healthy and safe pregnancy and i look forward to reading all about it! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  17. Ooh Congratulations to you too!! Where do you blog? (sorry if I've read it but don't recognise your name!) I'd love to read along as we go :)

    ReplyDelete
  18. Congratulations...an exciting start to the new year :) xxx

    ReplyDelete
  19. Congratulations! That's wonderful news. I think if everyone waited for the "right time" then no one would ever have children! It'll all work out in the end.

    ReplyDelete
  20. CONGRATULATIONS! And you do know it happened because you sold the cot, right? Haha! I got rid of all my baby things and maternity clothes, the following month I found out I was expecting little miss E! Wonderful news, happy new year!

    ReplyDelete
  21. HUGE congratulations Emma. So happy for you - welcome to the bump club :) So glad I logged on tonight to catch this news xx

    ReplyDelete
  22. Vanja @ Emma's Lunch9 October 2012 at 20:30

    Hey I missed this post somehow! Congratulations again! If you like i can lend you our Moses basket, it's small and you could easily use it for the first 2 to 3 months. After that you can get a really good cot at Ikea for great money. That's why we did when we had Emma and its now Lia's.

    ReplyDelete
  23. Musings from a Mum9 October 2012 at 20:30

    Congratulations! What a great reason to be cheerful. Good luck with it all.

    ReplyDelete
  24. ooh how did I miss this one! congrats :-)

    ReplyDelete
  25. ooh, that would be great!   Thank you for the kind offer xxx

    ReplyDelete
  26. WOW, WOW and double WOW! Congratulations, can't imagine how that felt! xxx

    ReplyDelete

You might also like..

Related Posts with Thumbnails