Wednesday, 18 January 2012

Far away but not forgotten!

What would we do without the internet?   That's not a rhetorical question by the way, I actually have no idea what we'd do!  Clearly I am a big internet user, and can hardly remember a time when I wasn't but since we've lived in Cyprus it really has become an essential. It's been a god-send in helping us to find out about the area and important information on moving to a new country but most importantly for keeping in touch with friends and family back in the UK.

Email and other social network sites are all very well but these days a quick 'Happy Birthday' on someone's Facebook wall does not say (to me at least) that you've remembered and care about their special day, it doesn't take a genius to realise that if you've put your date of birth on your profile then everyone gets a reminder.

The best thing to do is something a bit more personal, something that shows you've actually made an effort.  The problem with being abroad from our loved ones is that its hard to find presents to send back and then you have to rely on unpredictable post or huge postal rates, so we found that at the best gifts for her come direct from Interflora.

My Grandma for example loves her flowers and since being here we've still made sure she gets her birthday gift on time, which is handy - as I can't really see her signing up to Facebook any time soon!

Now all we need is them to also deliver to Cyprus and I might be able wangle one of these as one of my wedding anniversary gifts!


This is a sponsored post but my Grandma does love her flowers and I really do have no idea what we'd do without the internet!

2 comments:

  1. They really are beautiful! I know what I'd do without the internet - rest! Then panic! I am looking forward to reading a guest post from Mummy from the Heart on SAHMloving it tonight about social media fatigue - I've got it and I don't know what to do with it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. They look like the flowers you had for your wedding - beautiful.if y down get any for your anniversary hopefully you will get some in August :)
    Xx

    ReplyDelete

You might also like..

Related Posts with Thumbnails