Tuesday, 1 November 2011

Launch of a new lifestyle

Since moving to Cyprus I have done much less exercise than I imagined I would, I am the master of excuses and it turns out having a demanding toddler can be quite a good one, that and 50 deg plus summer temperatures kind of puts you off!   But I do enjoy exercise when I do it regularly and I've been missing my old routine I had back in England before Leo was born, I just find it hard to get motivated on my own. So I'm very pleased to see that help is at hand!

Sunday saw the launch of a brand new health and fitness Centre in the East of Cyprus, MG Health & Fitness situated in Protaras, MG is run by Claire and Michael and today is the official opening.


Offering a huge range of classes,including Yoga / pilates based activites, Zumba, Bootcamp and Box Fit, with more in the pipeline it means there are plenty to choose from. All ages are catered for and I am very pleased to see a great range of classes for all ages of kids, something that is very lacking in this area of Cyprus. 

When I arrived in Cyprus I mourned the fact that I had left a multitude of varied and affordable activities behind in the UK. Here there are very few 'Mum and baby groups' or places to go to meet other Mums with young children so I'm particularly looking forward to introducing Leo to 'Tumblin Tot's' later this week. 

Along with the classes services offered include Personal training, Sports massage therapy and coming soon will be a weight loss management programme.  They also offer a Health and Fitness assessment, a one to one session to determine your current health and fitness level to start you off on the right track, 
  • Verbal assessment on the current lifestyle 
  • Respiratory system check
  • Cardiovascular fitness check
  • Core Strength and stabilisation assessment
  • Postural and flexibility assessment
I have mine booked for Thursday and I'm really looking forward to it.... maybe not so much the results but at least I'll know what I'm facing!   Since I reached my target weight again in May, and then stayed there for about a week I've been aware that I need to increase my activity (oh and probably eat less cake!)


Claire & Mike hope to not only assist people in their health and fitness goals, but to create a welcoming and friendly centre for all nationalities to meet and gain a sense of community

For more details of the classes on offer, prices and to interact with the team and other members head over to their facebook group MG Health & Fitness

The MG team.

This is not a sponsored post, I will be receiving a fitness assessment but have not been asked to write this post, and the views and opinions are all my own. 

1 comment:

  1. wow well done you!! i am rubbish at exercising. i wish you lots of good luck and i hope you enjoy it x

    ReplyDelete

You might also like..

Related Posts with Thumbnails