Wednesday, 11 May 2011

Discovering Cyprus - Cape Greco


Last week we visited Cape Greco - the headland on the south-eastern point of Cyprus. It's somewhere we have taken everyone who has come to visit as it gives such amazing views.










Cape Greco is a national park and covers 385 hectares. One of the few buildings in the park is a small chapel dedicated to Agios Anagryoi. It's here that Leo had his very first taste of ice cream last year (usually an ice cream van in the car park in season - they're not daft!)


Just behind the church some steps lead to a hermits sea cave which is mentioned in local legends, it's very popular for swimming from. 


I love the tranquillity of the area and the fact that it always makes me feel like I'm on holiday when I go there as it just doesn't feel like it could be somewhere that I only live 20 minutes from. 

A natural bridge.
I imagine it would be even more peaceful to visit without having to stop toddler running around and throwing himself off the edge!

This bench is calling me... to sit and chill 

You can see other places we've been on my Discovering Cyprus page
Amatterofchoice

This post is also part of The Gallery over at Sticky Fingers - the prompt this week is 'Chilled Out'

8 comments:

  1. Oh wow, I totally want to go to Cyprus - these pics are stunning :) x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love Cape Greco...we usually go for a swim there to see some fabulous fish. The Boy has been known to take his mobile phone in with him :-(

    ReplyDelete
  3. Maria @verybusymama9 October 2012 at 20:47

    can I come visit you?? I want to relax there :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. That bench is calling you? No....I think it's calling me! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. We could share, as long as the kids are somewhere else - wouldn't be very chilled if we were trying to stop them throwing themselves off the edge! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  6. That would be cool - especially if Leo and Little M were 'relaxing' with the Daddies somewhere else! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks for sharing and I love the little church

    ReplyDelete
  8. Cape Greco enjoyed once again, when we took our friends, who are visiting us. A beautiful place to share.

    ReplyDelete

You might also like..

Related Posts with Thumbnails