Saturday, 7 May 2011

Dammit Janet

I've not joined in with Mumra's Playlists for a while but this week it had to be done. The theme is A song from a musical. No prizes for guessing which musical I've chosen :)

Regular readers will know that my hubby and I are big fans of The Rocky Horror Show. I'm not however choosing the most obvious song as it is overplayed (although the stage show version is excellent)

I love all the songs, I don't think I could pick out one as a favourite but this one always takes me right back to the show we got engaged at.



There is a line 'Here's the ring to prove that I'm no joker'  at the show I looked down at my hand and smiled and then up at my friend who was grinning her head off and had tears in her eyes!

Every time I hear the song I always (yes even now!) hold my hand out and sing Janet's first verse

'Oh it's nicer than Betty Monroe had, 
Now we're engaged and I'm so glad, 
That you met Mum and you know Dad. 
I've one thing to say and that's Brad
I'm mad for you too'


I'd love to go and see the stage show again, maybe if we go back to visit in the UK we'll try and time it for when they are touring again!

Mumra Playlist

3 comments:

  1. you got engaged at RH Emma? Hilarious! xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yep in full costume! I blogged about it here
    http://emsyjo.blogspot.com/2010/10/dont-dream-it-be-it.html
    He wanted to get on stage and ask but they wouldn't let him!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is a fabulous story!

    My niece loved RH as a toddler in a very innocent way, she'd sing the songs in the Co-op and get us weird looks!

    xx

    ReplyDelete

You might also like..

Related Posts with Thumbnails