Sunday, 30 January 2011

A teenager in love?

I love you so much it hurts me inside, 
it breaks my heart and dents my pride.
I cry some tears you don't see,
You don't know how much you're hurting me.
Should I say and let you know
or should I let these feelings grow,
inside my heart so secretly 
and hope one day you'll fall for me.

This poem popped into my head the other day as I was thinking of posts for my Love link up, now, this is going to sound strange but I have no idea where it came from. I remember from my teenage years but I don't know if someone told me it or even if I wrote it!
There were a few things going round at school, and this could have been one of them although I'm a bit surprised I could remember it all straight off the top of my head, and it does sound like something my over dramatic teenage self my have come up with! If anyone has heard it before please let me know!


Somewhere there's someone who dreams of your smile,
and thinks that without you life isn't worthwhile.
So remember this always and never feel down, 
'cos somewhere there's someone who needs you around.


This one was definitely not written by me, I really loved it though and I printed it out and had it stuck on my wall for years. I used to write it on the covers of my books at school as well!

4 comments:

  1. this is a beautiful poem Emma... Have a lovely weekend!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Absolutely love these poems

    ReplyDelete
  3. I wrote about love, too ... yours is much happier, though :-)

    I teach teenagers, and sometimes I'm reminded of how very important everything seemed back then, when now, it just looks very small as the photographs grow more yellowed and so on. The gems that stay with you--like that poem--make it all worthwhile ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Come and link your post up - am trying to see how many love related posts we can gather!

    ReplyDelete

You might also like..

Related Posts with Thumbnails