Wednesday, 15 September 2010

The Gallery - A Celebration

 This weeks Gallery was quite a tricky one for me, I love a celebration and that combined with my photo obsession meant I had a lot to choose from. Eventually I decided to choose some pictures from Leo's Christening, which was also our leaving party as it was two days before we left for Cyprus.


Leo's godparents are some of our very best friends.
 My oldest friend Nicola - we went to playschool together and have been best of friends ever since,and her husband Roy - love him to bits too, we've had a great love-hate relationship for years (I love to hate him!) which I've just ruined by telling the world I love him really!
Our brilliant friend Martin, who we've known a much shorter time but long enough to know that we will always be good friends regardless of where we live - him and AJ are very similar and we all get on like a house on fire.
Although Leo won't see much of them as he grows up we chose them because they are all very important to us.... well except Roy...just needed to make up the numbers somehow. (Is it too late to carry on the love/hate thing??? )


The essential family photo - Us and Leo with both sets of Grandparents.


Me and my girls.... so glad they could all make it. Unfortunately I didn't get to talk to them that much as I was running round like a mad thing at the party but it was lovely to be together and I miss them all.

5 comments:

  1. Looks like a lovely family celebration.

    Leonidas is my favourite Greek boy's name. As a transplanted Brit, living in Greece since 89, I would have loved to have given my son this fantastic, regal name. But I married into a Greek family and that means giving a grandparent's name. And, as Pappou (granddad) is Costas, our young'un was baptised Konstantinos (with a midde name - Markos - thrown in for good measure in honour of my own grandfather).

    Now he's a teenage oik, all his friends summon him with "Ela re, Kosta!". Sigh.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like it was a really heart warming, heart breaking party! When my husband and I left the UK for Turkey with our baby daughter, we didn't really get to say goodbye to our friends. Most of them were in Leeds, but we'd been living in St Andrews for the last five months. But we go back often enough that we haven't lost touch. Hope you do too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a lovely post! There's absolutely nothing like a christening or a wedding for the best gathering of family and friends.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi there,

    Came by to tell you that I passed an award on to you. You can collect it here.

    http://thethingswefindinside.blogspot.com/2010/09/another-award-for-ttwfi.html

    Marie

    ReplyDelete

You might also like..

Related Posts with Thumbnails