Tuesday, 29 June 2010

The Gallery - Emotions

This weeks Gallery prompt is Emotions. They have also joined forces with the Writing workshop at Sleep is for the weak something which as yet I've not been brave enough to attempt!



For years I've wanted to swim with dolphins, I can't remember when I first realised it was something you could do, it was certainly before going to the Caribbean for a holiday rather than the "Med" seemed like an option open to "normal" people  

We went to Mexico for our honeymoon in 2004 and one of the organised trips you could go on was so swim with the dolphins. It was an amazing experience. The part I was most looking forward to was the bit where the dolphins pull you through the water whilst you are holding onto their fins, everyone lines up on the floating platform and one by one you enter the water so the dolphins can take you the middle of the water. 

Once everyone is in the centre they have a play, the trainers get them to jump and swim amongst everyone, it's amazing to see and they really are such beautiful creatures. To end they let everyone have a go at the "foot push" - this bit I was not looking forward to. You have to float in the water on your front in a kind of star shape, then two dolphins swim up to you and push you up onto your feet and throw you in the air.
You only had once chance at doing it and many people didn't do it very well, it's quite hard as you have basically stand on them and then straighten yourself out as you come out of the water. I was quite a bit heavier back then and imagined I'd just end up falling back into the water in an undignified heap with everyone watching me.

However, this is what happened......

I did it! It worked and I came right out of the water on the dolphins and back down with no problems. AJ brought the photos and when I saw this one I asked him why he brought it as initially I didn't like it. He loved the picture as it said it was pure emotion on my face and now I am inclined to agree.... I'm not sure which emotion exactly, I think it's a combination of joy, and terror.


5 comments:

  1. Wow I would love to do that! How totally amazing! Great photo of you on the dolphin!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You look exhilarated - what a great experience, good on you for going for it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, sounds amazing! They are great photos :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I would love to do that, brilliant photos, it looks great:) jen

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am so envious its something i've always wanted to do you are so lucky, what an amazing picture you don't look scared you look like your having a fantastic time!

    ReplyDelete

You might also like..

Related Posts with Thumbnails