Saturday, 29 May 2010

Now you are one....

Happy Birthday Leonidas, You are one whole year old today!

I don't know where that little baby (you were never tiny being born weighing 9lb 9oz) went, you were born with a mop of dark hair which disappeared as you rubbed your head on the cot every night, in fact I used to have to hold your little hands onto your chest to stop you fussing with your head. Your hair came back much lighter and now we spend every day in the sun you are going a lovely shade of blonde.


You still have "happy feet" you used to lie on your playmat and kick your feet around with such enthusiasm, this has now been replaced by your foot clapping that you love so much - and making "sand angels" with your feet in the sand.

You love to talk, (you definitely got that from me) you say Mum mum a lot but I'm not entirley sure it is directed at me. Your first sound was Daddaddad but you often forget to say that for several days at a time. The saying has stuck and I think your Daddy will be known as Dadad for many years to come!

You have just started in the last few weeks to crawl on all fours, before then you did a great commando style crawl on your belly. Before you learnt to do that you used to get around by turning in circles moving a little with each turn.
Now you can also stand yourself up and hold onto things, something you do more every day, I think very soon you will be walking, but not for long - I'm sure once you know how with those happy feet of yours you will be running everywhere.

You love your food now, and eat very well. You can spoon your own yoghurt out of the pot and unlike in the beginning you actually eat more than you wear. You will try all different food but your favourite is fruit, apples, bananas, pear doesn't seem to matter you're a little fruit monster and you eat it all!

You love playing with your toys and have just learnt that you can put things inside other things, lots of fun to be had with that. We have soft play mats on the balcony for you to play on but you prefer to take them apart and wave them in the air.
Your favourite toy is your "Raff", a cuddly orange giraffe which I brought you when you were very young. He slept with you every night behind your head at first and now you cuddle him when you go to sleep, and sthen usually turn over and lay on him all night. You like to bring him out in the morning now and carry him around the apartment.

You have lots of friends who we see often, every Tuesday we go to "Jingle Jangles" with your friends and their Mummies. You love to listen to the songs and play with the instruments. We also go to the soft play park where you crawl around and climb, your favourite bit is the ball pool.

You love water, this week you have stopped using your seat in the bath and enjoy it much more as you crawl up and down it. We have been in the pool twice now and you enjoy jumping up and down with me. We also go to the beach, and you crawl all over the sand, I am hoping you learn soon that sand is not for eating as you keep putting it in your mouth. Now you have also discovered the sea, which is great fun.


Every day you amaze me with the funny things you do, Daddy and I are very happy and proud of our gorgeous boy. I am very thankful that I get to spend every day with you and for all the fun things we do together. I enjoy all the new things you do and love watching you develop into a cheeky little man.

We wish you lots of love and cuddles on your very first birthday.

9 comments:

  1. Beautifully said and sums up his first year completely.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have visited this blog by accident, but I found it quite interesting. You're doing a good job (and most importantly it's free). A greeting.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awww what a lovely post! You have one gorgeous baby boy :) He looks lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a gorgeous little boy! Mine will be a year in a months time and I can't believe where the time has gone! It's mad isn't it? Butvalso the best thing ever :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very cute - I love the Raff picture.

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a gorgeous post, it really sums up the first year so well. He is a gorgeous little man! xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ahhh, this is such a lovely post! I hope he had a happy birthday :) x

    ReplyDelete
  8. My youngest was born in Feb, so not long before this handsome young man. Isn't it amazing how much they change in the first year! Jen

    ReplyDelete
  9. I just found this post through your LinkWithin widget, pleased I did as it really made me smile. What a lovely record of your baby's first year. :)

    ReplyDelete

You might also like..

Related Posts with Thumbnails