Friday, 22 April 2016

Butterflies and birthdays

Last month my lovely Mum celebrated her 70th birthday in style with over a week of celebrations and well deserved birthday treats.  Starting off with a celebratory meal with friends, continuing with a 3 day break in Paphos with my Dad and then for birthday No.2 at home with us.

Of course we couldn't miss the chance for a family celebration as we didn't see her on her actual birthday, so when they returned home we surprised her with a butterfly birthday tea!


Apart from teddy bears (which was our party theme several years ago) butterflies are my Mum's favourite thing, so with the help of the boys we created decorations, food and a birthday cake all with a butterfly theme. 

With a party tea, music, presents and board games we had a lovely afternoon.


Among the presents was a slate ready for Mum to choose a photo to be printed on it, so an impromptu family photo shoot took place...



Another of our presents was a voucher for afternoon tea, for Mum and I.  Something that I had been meaning to do for ages now, it made the perfect birthday treat and as an added bonus gave me a childfree afternoon in the process!

I booked us in for the following week, concluding the birthday celebrations in style...

afternoon tea kama


Happy Birthday Mum!

No comments:

Post a Comment

You might also like..

Related Posts with Thumbnails