Sunday, 3 January 2016

2015 Flashbacks - Part 1

2015 was not a good year for blogging as for the second year in a row I managed to write less posts than the year before, despite all good intentions to set aside time to focus on keeping it up!

Since Louka was born in 2012, and I started the Famagusta Parents Network in 2014 and the start of our photo booth business last year the frequency of posts on this blog had sadly dwindled but I was optimistic I'd be able to set aside at least a few hours a week to keep up to date, especially with Louka being at school.

A combination of too many websites, kids who no longer nap, and the distraction of multiple social media accounts was just too much!

It could have been worse I guess, 60 posts in a year still averages to more than one a week, and only 7 less than 2014 when I wasn't working too!

The main reason I continue to blog is the record it provides of stuff we've been up too, I love to look back over the early days and read about things I'd have forgotten about otherwise. The blog posts bring the photos to life again for me more so than just flicking through a photo album, assuming that they were printed in the first place!

So, after having a browse through the years photos I decided to do a round up, with those that never made the blog, and hopefully they will jog my memory of the events that surrounded them before I completely forget!

January....

The highlight of the month (and possibly the year for nights out!) was the 3rd Daxi Business awards, and one that I can't believe I didn't even write about, especially considering I was actually nominated for one! (I managed to write about the nomination, but by the time I had recovered from my hangover it felt the moment had passed to write about the night!)


It was a brilliant, albeit somewhat hazy looking back!  I didn't win (it would have been a bit odd not to have managed a blog post if I had done!) but I didn't mind one little bit, in fact I don't think I've ever been quite so relieved when my name wasn't called about not having to walk up the steps to the stage in my heels!

I didn't take a single photo all evening, which is most unlike me. but I drank, danced and was almost the last to leave, shoes in hand having NOT lost my Mum's shawl and somehow acquiring one of someone else's earrings!

Looking forward to the 2017 awards already!


I also tried to start the year as I meant to go on, taking the boys to the beach more often and generally being out and about exploring new places. Although I could probably count on both hands how many times we actually ended up at the beach it was certainly more than the dismal attempt from 2014 so it wasn't a total failure!


February...

February was carnival time in Cyprus and we also had an amazing winter afternoon at Fig Tree Bay just as they were revamping the beach for the season, both of which I actually managed to write about!

We got our new van which the boys were very excited about and they helped clean it up and get it ready to be sign written.







March...

Looking back in my pictures for March I was quite surprised to see I have less than 40 photos, and not even all of them were taken by me!

We were spending most days building and rebuilding the photo booth, getting the set up perfected and mastering the software. Our first few events had given us practise but we were aiming for more than perfection by the time the wedding season started!



An attempt to get out of the house, not as impressive as it seems as it was only on the waste ground opposite but it amused the boys for 10 minutes before the novelty wore off!




Part 2 coming up...  I will get 2015's highlights on here, even if they are late!


No comments:

Post a Comment

You might also like..

Related Posts with Thumbnails