Tuesday, 18 February 2014

Exciting new network for Famagusta!

How many times have you asked a question to be met with 'Google it' as a response?

These days we have come to expect information at our fingertips, and it came as a big surprise to me when I first arrived in Cyprus to find that Google was letting me down!

I looked for places to go, baby groups to attend, local information, bank holidays, how to register for schools, you name it I looked for it  and for the most part I couldn't find it. 

A while ago, due to my frustration I set up the 'East Coast Mum's' facebook group which in the end had over 100 members, I often shared information I saw online that I thought might interest other Mums, everything from local events to scheduled power cuts and enjoyed spreading the word to those who might not have heard, here it's not always that easy to know what's going on!

Over the last 4 years things have improved a lot but our little bit of Cyprus seems to have always been sadly neglected!

Well, not anymore....

Last week I became the founder of the brand new Famagusta Parents Network

FPN, Cyprus, directory

Created by myself, in conjunction with the existing popular Larnaca Parents Network,  the FPN is my new baby!

We now have a facebook group  and the Famagusta Parents Network blog which I hope will be a definitive source of local information on events, activities and facilities in the area.   I also hope that many relevant local businesses will get involved sharing their events with me and spreading the word.

We welcome all original and relevant content, if you would like to contribute an article including a link back to your business page or blog then please get in touch via email.

Of course you can also find us on Google +  +Famagusta Parents Network
                                                   Twitter @famagustapn
                                                   Pinterest http://www.pinterest.com/famagustapn/

In the future I hope to arrange events in the community and I have lots of ideas..... it's all very exciting!

Some people may (in fact I'm sure they do) think I'm a little crazy as it is a labour of love and not for financial gain, but I couldn't honestly care less!   I truly believe that this is going to be a great asset to the region and hopefully show the rest of the island that there is more to us than Agia Napa..... and we don't close in the winter!


Famagusta Parents Networl

1 comment:

  1. We have a Jerusalem parents fb group. It's invaluable for sharing information about school registration, snow days, strikes, new attractions, passport renewals, etc... And in the holidays there are loads of impromptu - "we're going to the zoo today anyone want to join us?" or "Who's been to the new water park? Any advice?" or even, "can anyone have my kids for an hour this afternoon while I go to the dentist?" (obviously people they already know). I've made loads of friends through the group and we set up an English Storytime in the library, sharing the reading each week. Good luck with yours. You might not get any financial gain but you will gain 100-fold socially and practically.

    ReplyDelete

You might also like..

Related Posts with Thumbnails