Friday, 16 August 2013

This time last year....


This photo was taken this time last year, on or just after my wedding anniversary and due date of 20th August.  I spent a lot of time in that pool, although rarely sitting like that - the effort needed to get in and out of that position was huge! I really missed being able to get in the pool from the side as there was no way I could do it with the bump!

I'll never forget the moment when at my first scan at about 9 weeks pregnant the doctor gave me the estimated due date.....  I think I could have cried - AUGUST!!!   ARE YOU SURE!

I had been dreading the summer heat all year and it was a justified concern. Daily temperatures of 40 plus degrees, big bump and a lively 3 year old are not a good combination!

Everything seemed to be twice as difficult, it turns out I'm a bit rubbish in the height of the summer anyway but shopping, cleaning, even sleeping was just horrendous.  God knows how many times I looked at the calender, at the days which seemed to be passing oh so slowly and it seemed like it would never end.  Not helped by the fact I swore that the hospital had my dates wrong and I was 100% sure he was due at the end of July and not August,  it seemed like the longest pregnancy in the world. 

This year, every time I think to myself how hot I am I smile and think how happy I am to not be pregnant!

I remember my Mum trying to make me feel better one day and saying 'we're all in the same boat, everyone is as hot'...... Nope, they are REALLY not I replied!

First time round I was very worried and nervous about giving birth, second time the excitement of a few days of air conditioning was greater than the fear I think!


The look on my face says it all!



flashbackbadge1

3 comments:

  1. They are soooo not in the same boat. I remember when I was full term in December and it was about - 4 outside and I was BOILING hot and couldn't bear to even put a duvet on. I can't even imagine how you must have felt in August!

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh Emma i really dont know how you managed all alst summer so heavily pregnant during the hottest time of the Crypriot heat!!! goodness it must have been unbearable - bless you! that last photo does say it all ha ha and your Mum - uhm she was incorrect!!!!
    thanks for linking up x x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aww that mean you have a first birthday very soon. I think you looked good anyway.

    ReplyDelete

You might also like..

Related Posts with Thumbnails