Tuesday, 23 July 2013

Teen Beach Movie - Soundtrack review.

I realise that I am now a long way from being a teenage girl, and I guess a fair way away from even being a 20something girl but for a girl who grew up loving not only the movie Grease (which is an excepted good film) but also Grease 2 (NOT a good film).   I'm just a sucker for a cheesy song (Cool Rider and 'Lets Bowl' if you were wondering were my favourites) and a happy movie!

Much to Aaron's disgust in recent years I watched all the High School Musicals and loved the TV show Glee so the fact that I am not a teenager did not stop when when I was offered the chance at a sneak peak of the soundtrack to Disney's new Teen Beach Movie which premiered on The Disney Channel UK on 19th June.


Usually I'm not a fan of film soundtracks unless I already love the film but even without having seen it I'm sure it's going to be a huge hit with its intended market, of course I'll only be watching it just for  research purposes! (well that's my excuse anyway!)

The songs are annoying catchy just as they should be and oh so summery. I'm sure the soundtrack will be loved and played again and again by many a young girl after watching the movie.

Here's a quick overview of the film - it sounds brilliantly silly, sunny and full of cheesy songs - what more could you want for the summer!

Two teen surfing sweethearts ride the last wave of summer together, one that mysteriously takes them into a classic beach party movie, Wet Side Story. There it's surfers versus bikers for control of the beach hangout... and everyone spontaneously breaks into song and dance! Now they must try to return to present day, but their lives may be changed forever when they inadvertently alter the movie's romantic story line – as the handsome leading man, surfer Tanner, is falling for McKenzie while biker girl Lela is swooning for Brady. What will happen and will they ever make it back to their real lives?


No comments:

Post a Comment

You might also like..

Related Posts with Thumbnails