Monday, 3 June 2013

A homemade 'Spiderman' birthday cake

Although I'm not the worlds greatest cake maker I do enjoy the challenge of trying to make a good cake for Leo's birthdays.  The cakes are usually a joint effort between Aaron and I, with me doing the baking and usually handing it over the Aaron for the hard bit of decorating it at the end!

This year I found the idea for the cake on my friends blog - Emma's Lunch and thought that it would be easy and effective.

It was only the day before I came to make it however that it occurred to me that it needed to be oval, and I only had a round cake tin.  I didn't realize though just how easy that problem is to solve....

how to make an oval cake

Using red fondant icing, I covered the cake and then handed over to Aaron for the bit that needs a steady hand and some patience.

It was a great joint effort, although in hindsight I should have brought the smaller 'decorating gel' rather than the icing which would have been a bit neater but overall I was really pleased with the result,  and Leo loved it which is the main thing!

Spiderman birthday cake

2 comments:

  1. The round to oval method is so clever. Nice little trick. Your spiderman is awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Emma this is such a great cake and the detail is amazing Aaron must have very steady hands as mine would look all wobbly lol. i have pinned the how to make an oval cake and the finished cake as they are fab x

    ReplyDelete

You might also like..

Related Posts with Thumbnails