Wednesday, 3 April 2013

Slimming World Balsalmic Beef Casserole

This week was a great week from a Slimming World point of view...


I was really determined to reach my stone award so the previous week I stuck to the plan like glue, and even exercised 5 out of the 7 days!  It worked as I lost 2 lb meaning I've lost 1 stone overall and I also won 'Slimmer of the week'!  They say things come in three's which was certainly true on Monday as I then went on to win the raffle!


I've been trying to find some new recipes so I don't get bored eating the same things so this week I swapped SW recipe books with a friend of mine.  I tried a couple of new things at the weekend when a few of us SW girls got together with our families for a BBQ,  the food went down very well even with those not following the Slimming World plan.

BBQ recipes will be coming up on the blog soon but for now here's another recent dish I tried, which again was very well received by Aaron and my parents who are not slimming either.


Slow cooker Slimming World Balsalmic Beef Casserole

Slimming world beef stew
500g stewing beef (remove any visible fat)
Chopped carrots
Sliced mushrooms
1 red onion, chopped
2 cloves of garlic
230ml beef stock
80ml balsamic vinegar
Tin of tomatoes whizzed with the blender (you could use passata but I didn't have any!)
4 spoons brown sugar (4 syns, the dish served four of us so works out to 1 syn per person)
fresh thyme
salt and black pepper to season
frylight or pam spray

Easiest dish in the world to prepare,   place the carrots, onions and mushrooms in the slow cooker beef on the top and then cover with the tomatoes / passata and the remaining ingredients.!

On 'Extra Easy' days serve with mashed potato for a filling and yummy 1 syn meal (don't forget to count the syns if you use milk and butter in the mashed potato)

4 comments:

  1. mmmmm this sounds delicious and i love the fact that it is very easy to make x

    ReplyDelete
  2. This looks lovely. A fellow slimmer brought some coca cola chicken for us to try to last nights SW meeting and it tasted nothing like how I imagined. It was lovely, so I'm going to find a recipe for it. I think you'd really like it too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've been meaning to try that for years now, but never got round to it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. how long does this need cooking for?

    ReplyDelete

You might also like..

Related Posts with Thumbnails