Sunday, 10 March 2013

The Hungry Caterpillar - card craft

It's not often I come up with a creative idea that's all my own and not inspired by Pinterest or another blog post but yesterday I think Leo and I excelled ourselves!

When we started I had no plan whatsoever, only that we were going to make a card or picture for Nana for Mothers Day.  I gave Leo some 'roly paints' and some paper and let him get on with it. He stared painting a butterfly so I showed him how to paint on one side of the paper and then fold it to duplicate the pattern.

In typical Leo style he then decided he would do that but only use one colour, therefore kind of missing the point!

As pretty as an all purple butterfly was, we agreed that it should have more colours so abandoning the paints we found some shiny coloured paper to improve it. With me holding the paper, Leo cut all the bits himself and stuck them on.

He was very impressed with his 'beautiful butterfly' and said it was just like in the 'Hungry Caterpillar' book.  It was then I had the idea to make it the centre of the card and make a 'Hungry Caterpillar' for the front.

Leo got the book and told me what we needed to do to make it look the same. He decided he wanted to do the writing on it and found the sentences in the book so he could tell me which letters I needed to write for him.   I then wrote the words in pencil so he could write over them in felt tip pen.

We then stuck the pages to a card, Leo chose green as it matched the Caterpillar.   The hardest part was trying to stop Leo rushing straight to my Mums to give it to her straight away!




3 comments:

  1. Thank you Leo for my lovely Nana's day card, it is beautiful and I will keep it always.

    ReplyDelete

You might also like..

Related Posts with Thumbnails