Sunday, 17 February 2013

Here come the girls...

In just three days time I'm leaving the boys behind for a whole five days and heading back to England all on my own to see my best girlies!


It's been almost three years since I've been back and I'm so looking forward to it. It's going to be a busy few days as in that time I'm staying in three different places as I try to get to see all four of them but it should be lots of fun.

Nic (top left) is my oldest friend as we went to playschool together 33 years ago!   Nic Nic, (how she will also be known to us, despite announcing many years ago she was now 'Niki', she can never be a 'Niki' to me!) used to live round the corner from me, she was one of the first to move away so from our twenties we didn't see as much of each other, maybe just two or three times a year - never made the slightest bit of difference though when we did meet up, it's always like we saw each other yesterday.

I met Claire (top right) at secondary school but it wasn't really until we left school and Claire left our home town that the fun started!  I have spent many many night staying down at Claires' house, sometimes going out on the town, but often sitting at her kitchen table for hours and hours drinking wine, eating her amazing dinners and smoking far too much!

Sarah (bottom left) is my drinking buddy.  We met at secondary school too but it was at college that we really became friends, well I say college but I guess the pub would be more accurate.  We've been to Kavos, Gran Canaria, and Antigua (where I was her bridesmaid) together and I'd hate to think how many bottles of mailbu we've got through together over the years!

Larisa is my 'newest' friend out of the fab four, although I met her 16 years ago which sounds unbelievable   Larisa is my tea drinking, planning, shopping and bargain hunting partner and we can talk for hours on end, the opening question usually being 'So, what's the gossip?  I've had very few nights out with Larisa (although she works in the pub we used to drink in so in some ways I've maybe had more with her than the others!)  but that's not what we do best together - we have our typical day coming up this week - shop, stop for tea, shop some more and top it all off with a Chinese dinner!

It's going to be strange being without the boys but I cannot wait to chat, drink, shop and sleep (oh, what a sign of the times that 'sleep' makes the list!).  It's also going to be very odd to be in England as I've been away so long - I actually asked someone the other day if any of the shops would be open on the Sunday!!!


Linking up to The Gallery and Flashback Friday


5 comments:

  1. Just the pleasure of only having to wash and dress yourself in the morning will make it all worthwhile. Have a great time.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awww lovely post about your friends. I hope you have a lovely trip back "home" with them. Can't wait to see what you get up to.

    ReplyDelete
  3. i still cant believe you are going away on your own!! very brave and very exciting. i am sure you will have a wonderful time and the photos are lovely and you have different hair in all of them!! shops are open every day here and Tesco is 24 hours from monday-saturday!!!! x x x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Enjoy your time with your girls, I bet it will be lovely to have a good catch up with them.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ooooh, you must be so excited!! Have a great time x

    ReplyDelete

You might also like..

Related Posts with Thumbnails