Thursday, 31 January 2013

'Cyprus Delight' Cupcakes

My Dad has always been a big fan of Turkish delight, (although you can only buy 'Cyprus Delights' here!) so when I saw these Turkish Delight Cupcakes over at Cakes Photos Life I thought I'd make him some. 
6oz self raising flour
6oz butter
6oz sugar
3 medium eggs
Drop of vanilla essence
Rose water - about 3 drops but according to taste
Thinly sliced Cyprus (or Turkish) Delight


Mix the cake batter as you normally would.
Place a third of the mixture into the cake cases and add a slice of 'Delight'
Cover with the remaining batter and cook as you would for a normal sponge cake.  (usually about 180deg for approx 20 minutes)

Although it didn't show up well on the photo I piped pink butter cream flavoured with  little rose water onto the cooled cakes. You could also if you wish decorate with an extra piece of 'Delight'


I was really pleased with the finished cakes, although they weren't quite a pretty looking as the ones I originally got the idea from, they were yummy!

3 comments:

  1. never sure what i think of turkish delight but i can imagine them tasting ncie inside a cake - well i mean what doesnt !! bet your dad was chuffed with these.
    thank you for linking up x x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love Turkish delight, though mother in law says it is really Greek delight, whichever I never thought to use it in baking, that will change now, thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cakesphotoslife Angie5 February 2013 23:16

    Glad they were yummy :) xxx

    ReplyDelete

You might also like..

Related Posts with Thumbnails